Gots me a problem, I thinks it's the Clutch Shoes, but wants feedback.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanty

I WILL BREAK IT!!!
Well this is what happens. I will be going say at 3/4 throttle but as soon as I go WOT, engine revs way up and I see no gain in speed, and it might even slow down abit if anything. It has been getting worse and worse, before it only did that for the last 1/10 of throttle, now it does it for the last 1/4 of throttle. The guy that was there with me thought that there might be somthing wrong with the transmission, I looked though the little holes a didn't see anything wrong. I thought I would ask here before I go searching.

Thanks
Shawn

Does it slip when you punch it off the line? thats where the most torque would be and I would think would slip the most. Its gotta be slipping at either the spur or the clutches. Take them both apart and check it out.

Well there it not that sounds that it makes on the top end, but there is definitely alittle slipping since it's not letting me leave off the line as hard I as I used to be able to. I have both the Clutch Shoes and Spur Gear off now, the Slipper bad looks brand new almost. But the clutch shoes definitely have some wear on them. Does anybody have a picture of some Clutch shoes that have gone bad so I can compare mine and there's. Or can tell me in detail what warren out clutch shoes look like. Also, before I took the shoes there was quite a bit of play in the clutch bell. I can move back in forth a bit.

Look at your spring that wraps around the shoe .. if the spring is about to rub against the metal on the clutch bell .. then you need to replace shoes.. if they look good .. Then Take some sandpaper to the inside of the clutch bell and scuff the shoes up..

Look at your spring that wraps around the shoe .. if the spring is about to rub against the metal on the clutch bell .. then you need to replace shoes.. if they look good .. Then Take some sandpaper to the inside of the clutch bell and scuff the shoes up..

LOL well the shoes are definitely done if thats the case. I am in need to get this fixed in five days so I am unable to order the Nova Clutch shoes and get them in tiem. So are the HPI Aluminum ones still good?

I don't know where you're at, but Nova sent my shoes in only 2 days (to Colorado). Just in case that helps!

I have HPI shoes, don't remember when I put them on, but they seem to be holding up alright.

I don't know where you're at, but Nova sent my shoes in only 2 days (to Colorado). Just in case that helps!

Last time I ordered from NOVA it took over a week since I live in Canada which is expected.

I can get the HPI ones for cheap so I will just go with those for now, then when they go, upgrade to Nova ones.

Thanks for the help guys, I will do a complete rebuild of the Cluch shoes and Clutch bell assembly and Spur Gear and slipper clutch assembly just to make sure I got it.

Thanks for the help
Shawn

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back