Gots me a new vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanty

I WILL BREAK IT!!!
Hey,

Well I bit the bullet today and bought a Losi 8ight 2.0. I have never bought a true high end RC car till now, and I have never seen the quality that these cars have. So I will give it to Losi for wowing me that department. But the Savage will always have a true place in my hard for being so far the best RC I have had. And if I still hold on to it if I don't sell it, it will still be my only nitro because I plan to convert the 8ight to Brushless electric.

Heres my planned Setup for the car. Give me your opinions.

Vehicle- 8ight 2.0
Motor and ESC - Novak HV6.5 Brushless System
Radio- DX2.0 with I believe a Micro Receiver
Battery- 4s Thunder Power LiPo

I am still going to try and buy my managers Plettenberg BigMAXXimum with fan. But I am sure he wont let it go. He just bought a 8ight 2.0 also and will be putting it in that. The motor was used last year in his E-Revo and took 1st in Alberta and 2nd in Canada.

Thanks. I am hoping to start racing next year or aleast get my feet wet. I don't plan to be competitive on next years racing season due to the people in the buggy class. But once I get used to a buggy I hope to be able to up there in our city. But I was surprised how fast people can drive these things around the track. But will for sure need some track experience first before anything.

You got yourself a great platform. The Novak's a a decent system but can be a bear to program because its all manual. You can peace a much better system together for about the same price. Some great motors are the Feigao, and Medusa. One of the easiest and best speed controls will be the Mamba max which is tunable via your PC with there free downloaded software but you much purchase there Link deceive.

Good luck and post some picts of it bud.

Here are some pics of it as of now. I have started to get it ready for the electric conversion so the tank and radio box is out, so it looks kinda empty. I will post more pics and I start to build it up.

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

Whats awesome is horizon had the promotion package so they gave like 4 sets of new tires and 2 sets of rims basically free.

Also I haven't really done any research but from experiences I have heard from people at the track is people were constantly blowing Monster Max ESC. I thought I heard Castle released a new firmware that helped the problem a lot. Do you know if this it true? Also me and my boss were talking and we also think that if its in a buggy it should be easier on the ESC then if it were a monster truck due to less rolling mass and it being lighter. Don't know what I will really go with, but should be buying a servo tomorrow and maybe a motor also.

Did you get that thing new? Also it looks extremaly long compaired to my Sportwerks Mayhem. Whats the wheel base on it?

Very clean and nice.

There were major problems with the Mamba Monster ESC. They have released a new version which is V3 of this which has no problems as of yet.

They have 2 for 1/8 scale. Theres the Mamba Max which I stated above or the Mamba Monster. Not exactly sure all the differences but I think the Monster has a few more watts. You should be fine on a buggy with the Max.

The 2.0 chassis is 2mm longer then the old 8ight and is the same width. The dimensions are the following (Length is 19.56inches, Width is 12.13inches, and wheel base is 12.71 - 12.87 inches). I did by the thing new, we just got 2 of them in the store yesterday and my boss and I bought both. We also got in a 8ight-E which is just the old 8ight with a electric conversion and a 1/8th Losi Brushless. I believe Losi said they made 1000 of them, they made the 8ight-E just to get rid of the old 8ight parts before they brought in the 8ight 2.0

I'm diggin' that buggy, good luck with the conversion. your conversion would make a killer thread.......i'm sure i'm not the only 1 who is interested bro:stickpoke:

Sure I will make a whole thread on the conversion. I am waiting for the conversion kit from Losi so it should be in the next week. Today I plan on either getting the motor, or which I feel is more likely, get a receiver and servo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back