Gear set-up help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badhabit75

I just read a few threads on the set-ups, i see there are countless options, i have a stock 4.6 savy that i was thinking of upgrading the sg/cb, any ideas on where and what i should or should not buy, keep in mind this is just a basher truck, i don't want to loose alot of top end, but I'm run mainly in small area so a little top-end loss will not kill me for the moment. Any suggestions on a set-up, and what brand is tough? Thanks for any and all input.:bad pc::bad pc::bad pc::bad pc::bad pc::bad pc::bad pc::bad pc:

Increasing your spur gear teeth will give you better acceleration and torque, but less top end. Vise versa with with clutch bell, more top end but less power and acceleration. I would try a 49T spur gear and see how you like it. It should fit with the stock X gearing.

The stock gearing (47/17) on the X is a great combo. i upgraded to and love the 47t steel spur & 17t racing c/b. Here are some links for you (great prices)

Steel Spur Gear
http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Savage-X-SS...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Racing Clutch Bell
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HPI-Savage-...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

just a note, if it had of been the savage x rtr "4.1" the stock gearing is 49/15 which has alot of torque but less speed...

+1 on switchin to the 49 spur for that little more punch. You could even go with the 52 if you want some crazy wheely action.

for crazy wheeles and acceleration i'v got a 52/17 i think 49/16 or 47/17 is good for your bashing runs try it and see if you like it and btw try to get a heavy duty super gear not a steel super gear set because the i'v got a steal super gear set and the six screws that holds the hub with the tooths allways get brocken into halfs so i recomend a heavy duty super gear and also a racing cluth bell for better cooling to the cluch shoys

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back