Gear Meshing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find something that's not flat? Motor plate or what? Would like to know when you find out what it is causing the problem. Joe

well i think i have to sand my motor mount because i have to lift the back up so that the mesh is perfect. but i will have to take it apart more to find out ill keep you guys updated. and thx to all you guys for helpin me out:10:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holding an engine still while tightenning engine bolts, as the truck is balancing on its side can be a pain to master. One thing I've done is to get the engine in place and tighten the bolts the same tightness as fingertight. Then, I take the blunt end of a cresent wrench and tap the motor mount in the direction of a propper mesh. Once in position, I tighten one of the bolts closest to the front end of the truck. I then, check the mesh. If it stayed where I had left it, I go and tighten the other front bolt. If it continues to stay true to a propper mesh, I go ahead and tighten the rest of the remainning bolts.

it took me awhile but i found what was being a pain in the ***. it was the front aluminum bracket where you screw the engine plate in to. so i am goin to shim or sand down the top of it till it works. thx again to all of you that helped me out.
****Srry for the big and blurry pics****
here are some pics of the bracket:
P7130009.jpg

P7130008.jpg

turns out it had nothing to do with any of the above!!! i had bought a flm engine plate and it is 1mm -2mm thicker than the stock one so the bolts bolting the engine to the motor mount were hitting the right tvp sooo after notching the tvps a bit i got the engine to slide alll the way over and now the problem is solved!!!

i will take some pics later.

Members online

No members online now.
Back