Gear Meshing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-SaVaGe X-

i am adjusting my gear meshing but every time i go to tighten the screw the mesh tighten up too and it wont turn. but i have perfect meshing when my screws are loose. can i leave the screws loose??

I NEED HELP!!!!

try to leave the mesh a little loose and then tighten up the mounting bolts. But, whatever you do, Don't leave them loose. Joe

thats what I'm doing but as soon as i tighten the bolts the mesh becomes really tight and i cant even turn the spur gear.

nope its bran new this is the first time I'm putting my engine back in since i installed it.

If you have the motor out. I would check to see if the motor mount is flat on the bottom? Just sit it on a flat surface and make sure it don't wobble around.

so i will have to buy a new one if it is bad?? and if i do who makes a good one??

That sucks .. your you sure you don't have a broken block ? (mabey one of the ears on the block is broken or cracked)

I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you. I'm hoping soneone else will chime in and give there thoughts on this matter. Has me puzzled are now. Joe

i no ive never seen or herd of this happening but its starting to piss me off:chainkiller::chainkiller::stressed::stressed::stressed:

Mine used to do that, it's frustrating as all get out. Has it had any good crashes lately? I think you will find that your engine plate is tweaked a bit on top of the aluminum brackets that tie into the chassis plates. It took alot of trial and error and I finally got mine to sit still. I used emory cloth and a 220 sand paper on a very hard flat surface...concrete, and sand the hell out of my engine mount too like apache said. Also try leaving the side screws that go through the chassis plates a bit loose and get your engine as close as you can with a piece of paper in between the gears and then tighten everything up engine screws first the chassis plate screws then pull the paper out...understand rubberband? let me know

yea i understand... now that i think about it the chasis plate might be out of place ill give it a try and ill get back to ya.

thx

Members online

Back