GCM DesertBoyXL TVP's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxhappens

Ok, since i have not seen anyone here post anything about the GCM DesertBoyXL TVP's i will be the first. This set look sweet and pretty cheap, just over 105 dollars shipped. Once it arrives i will post pics of my conversion, before and after shots. If you seem interested just go to their site and check it out for yourselves. They have 2 designs for the XL and also a DesertBoy-17 TVP set that is even longer than the XL.
http://gcmachine.ca/index.php/rcstuff/flux

I was going to have Larson make me a set of D-B 17's in carbon. He has worked with that maker in the past. GCM told him no. So I boycott GCM

To each is to own, I can not comment yet, but once I complete my conversion and test it out, I will give my opinion. I just do not see someone boycotting just cause they will not do carbon fiber.

GCM is a great manufacturer and makes some very high end parts. The reason I cannot make DB-17 CF parts for Bank is because of the changes. If you would like CF parts that Chris has just contact him and tell him you want them in CF and we will get them made.

GCM AKA Chris is a genius especially when it comes to the E-Savage he has lots of great parts quite a few of what I have on my Truck. Anyhow i'm sure you will love and have no problem with his FLUX chassis.

Justin we will get you squaired away on a long chassis, LOL.

I have talked with Chris on a few occasion and have nothing but good things to say about him and his shop:resp:

To each is to own, I can not comment yet, but once I complete my conversion and test it out, I will give my opinion. I just do not see someone boycotting just cause they will not do carbon fiber.
No he wont let larson racing make them for me. Not he wont do it... I don't like his, but I have a hot idea based off his that he shot down. I don't do alloy anymore.

Just waiting on the price Jay..

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, sorry for the mistake in reading your post. They stand behind their product and to pay more for a look to me is not worth it, but like i said to each is to own. Hope your idea pans out.

Since this thread has veered off course a little bit, are there any GCM replacement parts available? I recently purchased a used e-savage with the complete GCM conversion kit(TVP's upper and lower arms, cvd's etc). Two upper arms need to be replaced and looking at the website I did not see any individual parts for sale. Only thing I saw was the complete kit for the arms and cvd's. This is some pricey stuf and will go back to stock suspension arms if no replacement parts are available at a resonable price.

DISCLAIMER.. I am not saying anything bad about GCM, their products, customer service or quality, Just seeing what the availbility of replacements parts are.

Since this thread has veered off course a little bit, are there any GCM replacement parts available? I recently purchased a used e-savage with the complete GCM conversion kit(TVP's upper and lower arms, cvd's etc). Two upper arms need to be replaced and looking at the website I did not see any individual parts for sale. Only thing I saw was the complete kit for the arms and cvd's. This is some pricey stuf and will go back to stock suspension arms if no replacement parts are available at a resonable price.

DISCLAIMER.. I am not saying anything bad about GCM, their products, customer service or quality, Just seeing what the availbility of replacements parts are.

Allan you have a electric now? Glad to see you have an Electric brushless now. Guess what?

BRING IT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my DesertboyXL tvps in and got the conversion done. Looks sweet, just need the snow to melt and I will see how it runs. Also got my Maximizer beadlock and maxx mashers as well as lst2 shocks and irc lst shock conversion kit.

Got my DesertboyXL tvps in and got the conversion done. Looks sweet, just need the snow to melt and I will see how it runs. Also got my Maximizer beadlock and maxx mashers as well as lst2 shocks and irc lst shock conversion kit.

WE WANT PICS!!! :stickspank:

Took the desertboy out today and all I can say is wow! The truck hooks up and no more wheelies. +1 for GCM DesertboyXL I highly recommend it to everyone.

TueFeb16201424AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back