Fxstrongside's Linkage Preference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got myself a nice (short) list of things I need for this mod, the only thing that is missing is the servo horn.

Anyone got a part number for a long enough horn (I think someone mentioned 31mm minimum) that would fit on a Hitec HS-5645MG? I'm having a hard time finding that. Aluminium / metal would be nice, but it's not necessary.

I eventually want to do my throttle linkage like Hop did his. I don't want to have the linkage pop off that 90 degree plastic piece (brain isn't working right now). Here what Hop did.
DSC_5866.jpg

DSC_5894.jpg

I know this is an old post and all but...

Why would you ever attach the throttle linkage that close in on the servo horn?? The further out the faster the response is gonna be, and since it doesn't need any type of torque to open the throttle, the further out on the horn the better.

I did this mod (or a version of it way back at the beginning of 2005, I may have been one of the first to do it, if nothing else I know I hadn't seen it before when I did it. This is what mine looked like back then VVV. I didn't make any bends in either rod, and it worked perfect. I also reused the stock twist adjuster on the brake linkage for an easy adjustment as the brakes wear. I have seen others reuse this piece as well, but not to many. All it cost me was two of these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXARF2&P=7

IMG_0331.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back