FX's Savage Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

Defiantly not as excited as some other peoples rebuilds but oh well. Basically I'm improving my savage so I'm buying/have already bought parts. Here is my savage now and I will post what I have or will add to it, what I'm thinking of adding to it, and feel free to post what you think I should buy for it.

Let me give you some of the specs on my rig as it is.
40 Weight Shock Oil
18/49 Gearing Ratio
As it is now 11.5 Pounds(Dry Weight)

WHAT I HAVE ALREADY OR WILL BUY FOR MY SAVY

Hard Core Racing TVPs
Nova 3 Shoe Aluminum Clutch
New Era Titanium Axels/Dogbones
GPM Aluminum Bulk Heads
OS .30/Pullstart
3 Speed Transmission
Robinson Racing Vented Flywheel
Proline Dish Rims/Yellow
Hpi Dirtclaws Compound B

I will most likely rebuild my diffs with diff oil, any suggestions?

NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD ADD TO MY LIST?

Pictures HOORAY!
DSC00955.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

And of course I will post pictures as I install parts.

say NO to hcr tvps, i bent the **** out of them so many times waste of good money

Meh too late they are already in the mail I think they will be fine because I mainly race with minimal bashing.

mm i don't bash i race good luckwith them, i personally hated them horriable design and the price was rediculous. now TT lcg stock length tvps is where its at. or my pan chassi i never got around to finishing

mm i don't bash i race good luckwith them, i personally hated them horriable design and the price was rediculous. now TT lcg stock length tvps is where its at. or my pan chassi i never got around to finishing

Oh okay well I will go easy on them at first and see what they can take. I scored mine for 44 bucks!

I've heard alot of differing opinions about the HCR TVP's. Some people love them, some hate them. I think they look Awesome. I just got the Fastlane Machines LCG Extended TVP's, Servo Plate, Motor Plate, Servo Mounts and Center Skid. Can't wait to put it all together.

i would have went for the fastlane lcg extended over the hcr ones if it was for racing. savage needs all the help in lcg that it can get. i used the xtreme racing carbon fibre ones to try and save weight. that was before i realised the savage was just too heavy anyway to bother trying to save weight

get the robinson racing hardened diff gears, stockers are crap and a bugger to fix on race days, i had 7k weight diff oil front and back (front was only half filled, rear was 3/4 full) which i found worked quite well

i would have went for the fastlane lcg extended over the hcr ones if it was for racing. savage needs all the help in lcg that it can get. i used the xtreme racing carbon fibre ones to try and save weight. that was before i realised the savage was just too heavy anyway to bother trying to save weight

get the robinson racing hardened diff gears, stockers are crap and a bugger to fix on race days, i had 7k weight diff oil front and back (front was only half filled, rear was 3/4 full) which i found worked quite well

Cool thanks for the tips, I would have gone fast lane as well but I was looking for tvps on ebay and i picked them up cheap. It's not like I'm locked into them, I will let everyone know how I like them. The main reason i post this thread besides sharing my rebuild with you was to get suggestions on parts I should get.

UPDATE FOR YOU RC JUNKIES

My HCR TVP's arrived today and I installed then with no problems. I took pics for your viewing pleasure
DSC00961.jpg

I didn't have a quarter so I used a nickel to compare thickness.
DSC00966.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

:) both i think but they are just to look the part also the good ones are stronger less chance of snapping good idea i suppose if you are racing you will want it to be as reliable as possible :)

je spares in UK now does high tensile screw kits. should be no chance of stripping or breaking them.

I'm using them on my revo

agreed, hex heads allow a bigger input of turning (torque) than cross head screws. they're usually m3, no self tappers-so they hold onto stuff a lot better. plus they look cool!!

UPDATE I ORDERED A SET OF TWISTED TOY TVP's WITH A TT CENTER SKID PLATE AND A REAR AXEL!

Should be awesome, stay tuned.

yes keep us up to date on the screw kit i will be looking in to geting one for both the savys. would like to know what works out the best.

looks good so far. I'm not going to mod mine much more than i have I tend to get stupid. let me know how everything fits and holds up. i might take some of your ideas.

Update- I won 4 Lunsford Titanium turnbuckles on eBay. I will be installing those as well as some TT chassis that are .5 extended. I am planning on doing a charging jack mod as well, possibly a hump pack relocation. I am still thinking about taking it as far as a mid tank. We'll see, stay tuned.

Nothing like being proud of an idea,right? Looks really nice FX. How far out are you from the build? What wheel combo have you decided on for this setup?

]-[0pa]0ng;16874 said:
Nothing like being proud of an idea,right? Looks really nice FX. How far out are you from the build? What wheel combo have you decided on for this setup?

To be honest I haven't decided on much, I am thinking of Pro-Line dish rims, or an hpi rim that is similar to the wabash(can't remember the name). I'm pretty set on dirt claws, but it may change. I don't have a concrete image as to what I want my savage to look like, I am figuring it out on the way.
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

In answer to how far I am, I don't know how far I am going to take it. There will be plenty more parts I will share with you though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back