Funky 2 speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOWAL

i have been trying adjust my tranny to suit the .32 axial motor, but can't quite find the right info. I tried the stock shift point then tried to lengthen it but to no avail. I read somewhere that you need some kind of alternate spring, i'm not sure what spring or what it is........

can anyone shed some light on this for me plz.

I forgot to add this problems as well, when i put my cb on it was free spinning with a bit of play. after running for 20 min it becomes stiff..........

it happened once before so i took some spacers out that i had to take up the play, so now I'm down to the thick washer.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is.

if i get some advice on both posts i would be greatful thx.

the clutch bell put a spacer or a small washer then thighting the screw.it should spin free.as far as the trans.i have a axial 28rr in mine it wont shift.hpi says the stock setting is flush with the base and 1 turn in.but when i bought 2 brand new trannys the setting was all the way in tight.so i backed it out 1 turn and it shifts.id go all the way in.run it and turn it out 1 turn at a time until it shifts.the spring u can get one that is stiffer.but id leave it.their is a steel ball inside that hole under the spring.so make sure all that is good.it took me 2 weeks of adjusting to get my trans to shift.just stay calm.i lost my mind because its hard to run the truck then adjust it.hope this helps

did you replace the CB bearings? Not quite sure if that'll be the problem, but an option. If not, try that. And as a suggestion for replacement bearings, try and get some ceramic ball bearings cuz they resist the heat alot better than steel ball bearings. I'm usin Acer ceramics in mine and have been for the last almost 2 yrs. but that's all the LHS had when I went to get new ones.

Members online

No members online now.
Back