front dogbones bottoming out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adb140275

aka Ebee
Ok, so my front dogbones are bottoming out in the cups before the suspension is, which caused my last set of bones to bend. i have installed new bones, and just noticed that this was happening. what can i do to stop this? another thing is that its only the front, not the rear.

do you have adjustable upper arms (ss savage) ? Gotta be something that is visibly different from front to rear,look carefully

Do you have o-rings in the cups? If so take them out. As for another cause, hopefully someone else will chime in, I haven't had this happen before. If I'm not mistaken, when your dogbones are being compressed it can blow out your diff bearings too because of the stress, like being put in a press and pushed apart.

i installed a whole shock tower/diff assy from an XL, if it had orings in it stock then they're in there.

If you are using XL dogbones ,you must use the XL axels also. The XL dogbones are larger, with larger ball-ends.

Ok, so everyone is on the same page... here is the name of the parts VVV

If any one of the three circled parts is from an XL or flux, they all have to be from either an XL or flux. You can't use XL diff/outdrives with x dogbones, or XL dogbones with X axles.

untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back