Flux XS lid options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

Anyone know of any lids that fit well on the XS? Mine has seen better days, and I'm looking for something different... Mini Revo bodies have too short of a wheelbase, unfortunately :(

That's a good question Bob. I was gonna start lookin around too to see what fits. I know HPI has 2 other bodies that fit it. A El Camino and Jeep Rubicon.

On a side question, how do you like the xs so far?

thats a short chassis...13 inches ...something like these ones might be ok.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVDF8&P=7
or this one might be sick looking .
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWGD3&P=7

Those are different options, but I don't think they'll look right on the XS. I was thinkin maybe 1/10 scale bodies for on road cars might fit. The XS is actually a 1/12 scale but uses 1/10 scale electronics. I'm probably gonna end up gettin the Rubicon body when I'm in need of a new one, unless I find other options. All I can say at this point is, give it time since it's still fairly new.

I like it, butit is way too fast :) I need to get the geering right... Even on 2S, it will spin tires till they burn off the rims, even being easy on the trigger. admitedly, I have not tried yet tuning te ESC, since I havebeen honestly bashing the crap out of it :)

I got it for a song - $225 used with 2 Venom lipos, two sets of tires, and a bunch of spare parts... It is one hell of a fun little truck though!

I got mine used too. Already had to replace the pinion before I even ran it. I just got packs for it Mon and have ran it a few times. It is a monster, even on 2s. I got a 3s pack just to see how crazy it is. I'm runnin the stock gearing as well but gonna switch it once I get a bit more money. Along with the drive cups on the trans. I've also gotta replace the slipper pads. They were already shot once I got it. As a temp fix, I added a washer between the slipper spring and adjustment nut and just locked it down. I also pulled the Mamba Max Pro off my blitz and swapped it out for the Vapor. Wanted a more stable ESC for those 3s runs.

Now, back on the thread topic, I just got home from the hobby shop. I found some bodies that will fit the XS. The length is perfect as far as the wheel wells lining up with the wheels. But, the width is a little too much, about 1 1/2" wider than stock. Rasing the body posts up should give plenty of clearance for the tires or trimming the wells a bit more. The ones I found were for the Traxxas Stampede elec 4x4 version. The hobby shop I went to has demo vehicles that you can test drive before buyin, and the XS is one of them. I asked the guy if I could test fit one of their display bodies on it and it's a pretty close fit. The body I tested was the Jconcepts Ford Raptor body (JCI0085 <---part #). Hope this helps a bit.

And here's the thread I started on my XS.
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19070

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back