Flux/Brushless Battery Setups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a good past with Venom, but Elite and Hyperion are some of the top cells you can get in a battery pack.

Very good choices dude!

Thanks, I usually do research and try not to settle for mediocre quality.

I agree the venoms are not great, but I had these for a while running my daughters emaxx 3905 when I only had 3 gas trucks and 2-1/18th scale electric >> sold 2 of the gas the emaxx and small cars >> bought the FLUX!>>

Converted my 8T to an 8TE running a Novak 6.5 at my LHS new electric only track in West Paterson, NJ *(I only put the town in case any Northeasters around...)

Welcome to the forum K.K.; thanks for posting.

let us know when you run the hyps & how they compare to the others.

Thanks! and Thanks for all info I've glommed {sic} from these threads...

I sure will let you know, but it's a safe bet that 5s(18.3v) at 35c will blow me away compared to the 19.2V of NiMH :rock:

Thanks, I usually do research and try not to settle for mediocre quality.

I agree the venoms are not great, but I had these for a while running my daughters emaxx 3905 when I only had 3 gas trucks and 2-1/18th scale electric >> sold 2 of the gas the emaxx and small cars >> bought the FLUX!>>

Converted my 8T to an 8TE running a Novak 6.5 at my LHS new electric only track in West Paterson, NJ *(I only put the town in case any Northeasters around...)

Nice I went with a Neu motor and Mamba Moster ESC at first...then went to the 2200kv Mamba Monster system, then Neu motor and Tekin R8 ESC. Top-notch pieces there.

Congrats man and thanks for considering our experiences. hehe

OK I have a problem already....I got the hyperions in the mail today and the 3s 6500 will not fit the tray!...I had not considered this when ordering....If I remove a battery box and turn it around, I can fit it in and almost close the top (Velcro straps will keep it from falling out) My question to the group before I solder Deans ends on and can't exchange them....
NOTE: I Bought 1 2s 65000 35c and 1 3s 6500 35c to run at 5s {but the 3s don't fit the compartment]

a) should I keep the 3s and run with it velcroed closed
b) return both and find a 5s set that fits.
c) modify the battery tray for a better fit..
d) ?????

Any input would be appreciated...

1. SMC 6000mAh/28C, 2s
2. Usually around 25-30 mins
3. nope
4. No video camera sorry!
5. I would recommend these packs to any one who has a flux or is planning on getting one. Great power good run times and they stay cool.

OK I have a problem already....I got the hyperions in the mail today and the 3s 6500 will not fit the tray!...I had not considered this when ordering....If I remove a battery box and turn it around, I can fit it in and almost close the top (Velcro straps will keep it from falling out) My question to the group before I solder Deans ends on and can't exchange them....
NOTE: I Bought 1 2s 65000 35c and 1 3s 6500 35c to run at 5s {but the 3s don't fit the compartment]

a) should I keep the 3s and run with it velcroed closed
b) return both and find a 5s set that fits.
c) modify the battery tray for a better fit..
d) ?????

Any input would be appreciated...

How'd you make out with this?

No Problems!

Hey Frddy,

I was very confused back then...I love this setup, no probs GREAT runtimes!
I got rid of those 'tabs' and use two pcs Velcro per side.

It takes an extra few seconds to seat the 3s 6500 in (tray opposite motor)
but it fits for sure. Also I do put small pcs hard foam to keep it from jamming foward or back (that happended once, now I always pack foam)

I use a Hyp v3 and 'sync' charge at 15amps each takes 30 minutes to 95%

MaxAmps 2s 60 c 6500
Flightmax 3s 30c 5000

I get more run time out of the flightmax just because I am not as hard on the throttle.
I will get accurate run times and video (goPro hero cam) when I get truck back together.

I have the hyperion 606i charger and it takes about an hour for each of the packs to charge fully.

Several of us are converting/building brushless and want to know:

1. Which LiPo packs do you use (i.e. 2s 6000mah, 3s 5500mah) :

1 x 2s 35c (65c) 6500 Mah Hyperion &
1 x 3s 35c (65c) 6500 Mah Hyperion

5s is a sweet-spot so far.

2. Run times you generally get with your packs:

I'm guessing around 30-40 minutes (didnt time it) but its not continuous on the throttle (only ran 3 packs through the truck)

3. Have you run your packs in parallel: Nope

4. Please show a short vid of a hi-speed run with your pack if you are able.

I hate shooting vid of my own truck / no motivation to find a cameraman.

5. Do you recommend your size of packs to us looking to buy or would you recommend a different size & why:

I would recommend the Hyperion packs cuz there great quality and claim 5c charge capability. Not sure id recommend the 3s 6500 Mah cuz it doesnt fit the stock batt box.

Thx & I'm sure this info will help hpisf members for years to come.

* i stated 'owners' cuz were looking for feedback from peeps that bought & used the batteries not 'i heard a guy used.....' just sayin this cuz the packs arent cheap, can be dangerous & can make your truck fast to a point of being dangerous. thx :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
Noob with a few questions =D
Some people know i am going BL but still keeping the nitro savy.
Ill be running the stock hpi 2200kv motor & blur esc.
I was thinking 2x 2s 40C 5000 MaH Turnigy, Blue LiPo or Gens Ace.
Or go 6s.

If someone can give some feedback on that 4s set up it would be greatly appreciated.

hey peeps.

i just bought my savage on sunday! looking at getting batteries thinking of getting Venom 70C 5800 maH batteries.
my question however is this...just been following this thread and see that people are talking about 5S.
i was under the assumption that one had to run the same type of batteries with these trucks ie 2S x 2 or 3S x 2 and that they were to be of the same voltage???
can somebody please explain this concept to me?
cheers

i approved your post for you 80KKA so you can get the answers your looking for!! may i suggest posting a hello in the new members section so everyone gets a chance to welcome you to the forum since this was your first post? so welcome to the HPISF family!!!!!

80KKA it shouldn't matter. as long as they are the same mAh and C rating you can run them. Now there would be a problem if you put them up in parallel. But when you have them in series there isn't any problem.

will do Shaun :)
Thanks for the information Fluxinator. So i'm gonna get 2x2s 50c 5000mah batteries (to start off easy) and one 3s 50c 500mah battery from Venom.
anybody problems with these batteries ie are they any good? any other suggestion welcome :)

hey guys.

ended up finally receiving my order from rcHobbies today.

I ordered 2x 50C 5000maH venom lipos from them, but they send me 2x5200maH 45C Enrichpower batteries instead. why? i don't know.

what i wanna know however is there a big difference between these or more importantly which brand is better on the end???

I'm either gonna keep these (as i can't be bothered to argue) or send them back (if they are crap quality ones than the Venoms I ordered)

Latest posts

Members online

Back