Flux battery box mount solutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankrupter

OK I was bashing the savage today and off a -+=good=+- landing managed to clean the battery box off the TVP. Needless to say these plastic poop mounts are not going to cut it for a ""Savage quality"" basher. This thing has yet to see half the hang time as my nitro and it comes limping home...

So post them up guys... I need better options or this thing is going in the forsale section ...

Last edited by a moderator:
TCS sells these for GCM but I hate monopoly sales. Anyone know of others or do I have my own machined and sell them?

fbmb01.jpg

dibs on any parts i want if it goes up for sale.

not giving any money tho.

Its not going cheap if it goes. But I don't know what you obsession with the flux is .. I'm Honestly already board with it. Nitro is funner ( you can have the painted black, blue hardware though...)

yeah gonna be $60 to outfit one savage so if you can get a machinist to come in under that price it works.

If I had a few hundred made that would be next to all profit... 1-5 sets no..

I don't have this as a current problem, but when i was using stock tvps, and i had my huge crash into a post at wot... the lipos boxes did break off as well... I would prob try and fabricate my own... $60 on some alu ones is just a rip!!! i would prefer to break them a few times a month than and have loads as spares.

Alright did some nice jumping with mine today and pulled the 12mm long screws right out on one side. Shut me down for the day. Did get about 30 good jumps in though.

So someone needs to come up with these so we have something else on the market and SOON. Stock are crap.

Any ideas.

I can draw them up if someone wants to make them. I can even market them. I personally just don't work with metals. I do have staff at my full time job that can but they would be to expensive to have make them. Looking for cost effective to get them to the market as cheep as possible.

Yes but will require some modification to the plastic mounts which will overall weaken them by quite a bit although they would hold to the chassis better.

Some nice aluminum ones would be sick but $60 is alot, but there is quite a bit of machining for this.

Alright did some nice jumping with mine today and pulled the 12mm long screws right out on one side. Shut me down for the day. Did get about 30 good jumps in though.

So someone needs to come up with these so we have something else on the market and SOON. Stock are crap.

Any ideas.

I can draw them up if someone wants to make them. I can even market them. I personally just don't work with metals. I do have staff at my full time job that can but they would be to expensive to have make them. Looking for cost effective to get them to the market as cheep as possible.

Jason, draw them and LMK when they are done. I have 3 shops to try.

How about this? I removed the pin and replaced with screws so the lower pieces get 2 screws and the ends get 3 3mm screws, which I have bulk of. This will reduce any chances of the threads pulling out and secure the packs to the TVP's better. Also to reduce machining costs.

Now all we gatta do is find someone to make them for a decent price. So if your interested contact me. I will check with one of our machinests to see if he will do them on the side for an extra buck.

Justin I will get the drawings completed and sent to ya. PM me your email addy.

(Sorry drawings do not show the threads)
prc208-cad.jpg

prc207-cad-1.jpg

How about this? I removed the pin and replaced with screws so the lower pieces get 2 screws and the ends get 3 3mm screws, which I have bulk of. This will reduce any chances of the threads pulling out and secure the packs to the TVP's better. Also to reduce machining costs.

Now all we gatta do is find someone to make them for a decent price. So if your interested contact me. I will check with one of our machinests to see if he will do them on the side for an extra buck.

Justin I will get the drawings completed and sent to ya. PM me your email addy.

(Sorry drawings do not show the threads)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/larsenracing/Our Parts/prc208-cad.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/larsenracing/Our Parts/prc207-cad-1.jpg

lol I would not want them to show Jay... fastest way to see pop up makers is to do the part they cant and post it on a site lol ...

Looks good! As far as the pin, its a sweet idea... but the extra tapped hole may add to costs. That is yet to be seen. I love it!

Talk soon
jp

Dumb question Bank - is a TVP conversion in the future for you? I just did a FLM trans-forward conversion, and the battery is inside the TVP's - so there are no mounts to break. I have only two issues with the setup tho - 1) it only has room for one battery and 2) I think they should have flipped the kit - put the trans in the BACK and the battery in the front (better weight distribution I think).

Bob

Well, I got some quotes back for these. A little steeper than i'd like but there is lots of machining involved. I guess we will have to see. Hopping for a much cheaper shop to get me a bid.

l
Looks good! As far as the pin, its a sweet idea... but the extra tapped hole may add to costs.

Actually, the pin is far more expensive than a tapped hole. That pin adds on an entire extra machining process that you have to reset the piece for, where as a tapped hole is all of a couple seconds on a thread cutter machine.

BTW, I bought the GCM ones, and they've survived some MASSIVE jumps already with no issues, including a jump that pretzeled a Bog Bore shock shaft like it was linguini. If a screw ever does pull out, I'll just pull out my handy-dandy tap and die set and rethread it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back