Flipping Shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went the otherday and decided to flip all of my shocks, cause I was having a flipping problem. I have to say that it worked fine, and with the stock tires it will still flip, but when running my other tires is will slide and spin, instead of flipping. Anyone else do this?

I have been inverting my shocks for a while. It won't help stop wheelies/fliping tho. I do it on my raceing savages because it puts the weight of the shock body and oil closer to the ground and wheels, so it does help suspention performance. I also on those same trucks use only 4 shocks as well, with 32.5 or 35 wgt oil and black springs depending on the truck.

Now as to your wheelie issue, welome to Savage power. If you soften your rear suspention some it will "eat up" some of that energy in suspention travel. Change one on each side of the rear springs to a green and change your oil to 25 wgt. That will help some. Savages come from the fact. with heavy springs and too light (10wgt) oil. Change the front to all green and 25 wgt and your truck will handle much better. You want your truck to sit kind of like a hot rod at rest, with the front a arms level and the rear a little up, that way when you hit the gas there is a certain amout of body roll front to aft instead of truck roll thus keeping wheels on the ground. You'll see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps.
Joey

^ I don't have any problems with wheelies. Ive got the 25. I will when I get it port and polished though. :)

It has helped stop the truck from flipping for me, on pavement. When I first got the truck I couldnt stop flipping it in turns. Now, when I drive the truck I can throw it into turns, and it will spinout and do a 180*. I know I'm killing the Diff's, but I don't care, the new ones are going in tomorrow.

Ok good. Now when you change diffs clean out all that nasty grease from the factory and fill the front with 30,000 wgt and the rear with 10,000 wgt. This way your truck will pull out of turns kinda like a fronwheel drive car in the snow instead of the inside tire unloading and balloning up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back