First time racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check your servo saver. If it is not tight enough the servo will not put it's power to the wheels. I run the stock SF-5 in my XL and even though it's not a powerhouse of a servo I find that it is strong enough for my needs. Ocassionally, I have had the servo saver back off on me, and had to readjust it. Get some wheels with a wider offset. I'm running the stock extended axles from the XL and Goliath tire/Tremor wheel combo. I think the wheel is offset some because of the lip on the outside plus the tires are wider than the terrapins by about another half inch. I noticed a HUGE improvement in my handling on- and off-road.

+1

Very well said.. i had to readjust my Servo saver a couple times already

Tks guys..... but i dumb when it comes to electronics. You guys mean i need to open my servo and check? Or do i just check the screws on the outside (see the pic)
SavageFlux_046t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah look through the TVP on the passenger side of the truck, right behind the a-arm. You'll see the post with a spring around it and a tensioner nut. That spring allows the wheels to move seperately from the servo so that in a wreck it can save your servo gears from stripping. Hence the name 'servo-saver'. You need to tighten that nut down to get more direct steering power to your wheels. I ordered the HD spring for mine so that I get more tension without having the spring tightened down so far that the saver has no travel. Good luck.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102522/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah look through the TVP on the passenger side of the truck, right behind the a-arm. You'll see the post with a spring around it and a tensioner nut. That spring allows the wheels to move seperately from the servo so that in a wreck it can save your servo gears from stripping. Hence the name 'servo-saver'. You need to tighten that nut down to get more direct steering power to your wheels. I ordered the HD spring for mine so that I get more tension without having the spring tightened down so far that the saver has no travel. Good luck.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102522/

Thanks you Mike. That was what i wanted to hear. Well explained. I will check my truck now.
+ Rep for ya.

Sorry have one more question.

The post with spring around it looks like its mounted to the bottom of the chassis with a screw. I can see the screw at the bottom of the chassis. Is that the screw i need to tighten? that's the only thing i see through the side of the tvp

nevermind...... i found the nut. But it doesn't seem to tighten. It seems to keep rotating. Hahah. I put my small finger in through the side of the tvp and tried to tighten

Did your XL come with an instruction manual as if you had to build the thing? If so there should be a little picture in there that will tell you how far to compress the spring :) Not saying that it won;t come loose again, but it may give you a nice starting point.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back