exhaust mods for savage x 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtbasher

hi guys,
i'm new ere n beginner in nitro world. glad to b ere. would like to change my exhaust. look through hpi site on optional parts for savage x 4.6 n found 2 types of exhaust. which is best for performance the ribbed tuned pipe or the aluminium tuned pipe? or wat is the difference between these 2? some answers pls,thx guys.

haven't used either of them db, but many on the site here have given the hpi polished pipe high marks on value & performance.

others have posted that the ribbed pipe is not a tuned pipe meaning it would not increase the performance of your mill; kinda just a metal version of that plastic thing you have on there now.

Last edited by a moderator:
haven't used either of them db, but many on the side have given the hpi polished pipe high marks on value & performance.

others have posted that the ribbed pipe is not a tuned pipe meaning it would not increase the performance of your mill; kinda just a metal version of that plastic thing you have on there now.

yeah, ive read some review n they said similar things.think i'm goin for da polished aluminium pipes. thx frddyj.

You'll get a great power increase using the tuned pipe. Really opened mine up and it's dirt cheap. I have not used the ribbed pipe, but I understand it's loud and gives you more low-end grunt. The purple ribbed pipe just looks to phallic for me. LOL

Quote of the Year so far! :lmao3:

I've run both and prefered the ribbed pipe (it it loud...like propper loud!) but it does take a chunk out of the top end (was running a k4.6) but gived a healthy dose low to mid range....Depends what you do, I generally run in fairly small spaces, and was running the three speed, so wasn't overly concerned with top end.

The Polished Tuned pipe is the best way to go for the 2.

Otherwise some other better choices for about the same $$ is the Dynamite or OFNA 086 for High end. The 053 for Mid range and the 007 for Lowend grunt. I prefer high end pipes or mid range pipes because most of the time you are up in RPM's.

?

The Polished Tuned pipe is the best way to go for the 2.

Otherwise some other better choices for about the same $$ is the Dynamite or OFNA 086 for High end. The 053 for Mid range and the 007 for Lowend grunt. I prefer high end pipes or mid range pipes because most of the time you are up in RPM's.

same price?!?!?!? i got my hpi polished off e-bay for like 13 bucks shipped!! lol
But yeah i really like the polished pipe, really woke her up!!

i have ran the ribbed pipe and the polished pipe and powerwise i like the hpi polished it really made a big difference on my 4.1

The 086 pipes are very similar to the JP-4 and about $20-25 cheaper.

PYRO--Your correct you can get them cheaper on the bay but I'm stating the difference from most LHS's where they get $35 for the HPI Savage Polished Race pipe. The 086 if roughly $50 depending on where you get it. Which is well worth the extra $20 when going to a one piece pipe over the rubber coupled pipes, Just my .02.

thx guys,but already ordered the hpi polished pipe.will try this one first,let u know the results soon cause hav not gotten delivery yet.

I like the loud ribbed purple for the stock hpi stuff makes bashing loud and fun.!! I'm using a polished hpi on a modded K4.6 and it performs really well. I have a pair of buku's for the Twin engine Savage and e will see how it performs and sounds in the spring. It all depends on what your preferance is. Have fun thats what its all about!!!

Do you have to purchase another header for aluminum tuned pipe or will it mount to stock one?

You'll get a great power increase using the tuned pipe. Really opened mine up and it's dirt cheap. I have not used the ribbed pipe, but I understand it's loud and gives you more low-end grunt. The purple ribbed pipe just looks to phallic for me. LOL

LOL I agree that ribbed pipe looks like Ann Summers designed it lol....

Members online

Back