Everyone wants a picco BUYER BEWARE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up Bank. I will be ordering one of these soon..Might wait to c the the vid, and order the mod pico from SMF..What mod are you having done?:resp:

Yep good thing about the SMF/ERCM piccos is they all pass threw Robins hands. No fear on them! No not knowing what to look for or putting it back together wrong... just gas and go. All will be the best engine it can be..

Look at me I'm starting to look like a ERCM poster boy... Blah! Good stuff though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at me I'm starting to look like a ERCM poster boy... Blah! Good stuff though...

Hey watch it, I brought Robin over to the goodside..
I'm the ERCM poster boy

:lmao:

You may have seen them before but here is a vid of the P3 with 1/3 gallon on it. This is a stage two mod and has a ways to go before it realy comes to life lol. It is in my bro's onroad savage with a three speed and high speed third gear, I think he's running 17-49, it will give you an idea anyways. SFM.com will be stocking my drag mod P3, we are working on getting them out asap.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/purenitro/?action=view&current=MOV01349.flv

Stage one Picco P9R EVO 3 .21 in a kyosho onroad.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/purenitro/?action=view&current=PiccoP9R21L1.flv

My favorite football field wheelies, K 4.6 drag mod in a CRT Pro truggy:jamout:

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/purenitro/?action=view&current=Footballfieldwheelies.flv

watching that blow off 1st and 2nd I just may drop in a 1 speed lol it don't need gears.

Lets get back to topic.

The mill other than the scratch is nice and does not seam to have a leak for the record. It ran nice today and maintained temps and tune thew a full tank today. Here a short of the idle in for the bearings. 20 degrees F -6.6 C it runs like a kitten... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0IV3kiUR00

That is a unheated outdoor porch its 20F on the porch and 17 outside. Why go out in the snow? I'd have to bend over to check temps ... pffft I like bench height work!

I'm starting to think ofna released a defective batch. after reading this post I found the same exact scratch in my case......I don't think it's a coincidence. now I have to send my mill back also......this is a major inconvenience!!

This should not happen at all, I'm not happy with picco for letting this slide out the door. The thing to consider is that it does not affect performance or workmanship of the engine, it is cosmetic damage that can be fixed simply by sealing the backplate which most do anyways. If you want to return it, by all means, or save yourself the two-three week wait and just seal it up. Again, I think picco messed up and I am not condoning the situation, just my opinion.

I hear you robin but I paid 200 good dollars..no just $200, $200 good dollars, I don't know what I'm going to do yet, I was looking forward to not having to seal this mill up and I def don't want to wait 2 to 3 weeks. I don't know if my scratch is as bad as banks, he said he could catch his finger nail good on it and I cant really catch my nail but the scratch is there in the same exact position has shown in his pics going all the way in. Maybe ill just seal up the back plate if you say it will work like new.

Sealing the back plate will eliminate any problems, they use a big O-ring to seal it but a little sealant on the plate and there will be no issues at all.

Mine didn't leak w/o sealing just so you know. AJ take a pic and send it to me. OFNA is working to get this fixed Dave over there wants my pic and a few others I know of. I'm just waiting on the other pics to send the email they await.

I don't know how to attach pics in a pm so you might just have to copy these, sorry for the quality but out of 20 shots these are the best 2 i could get, my camera sucks. the second pic is the better shot

I bet it will seal with just the O-ring, it doesn't look very deep, you can still seal it up if you want to be on the safe side.

I'll receive mine tomorrow and will pull it a part and post the results of what I find in mine as well. I do think yours will seal up with no issues as well.

I received it today. Took the bad plate off to inspect. Mine did have a line very similar to You guy's but mine nothing at all to be afraid of. Its just a line there is no cut or is not feel-able. It will seal with no issue from factory.

These things are great they seal around the carb pinch bolt via O-Rings and the back plate seal like 1/8" from where it seats so no extra sealing needs to be done to this mill.

got my picco !!! Thanks wrench you da man !!!!!!!sweet clutch setup :) . as for the mill i took the back plate off and it had the scratch as well :( extending all the way to the outside of the block ending with a burr i was just going to run it but then to make matters worse i busted the shaft :duh: flywheel nut got stuck i had a screw in the crank and snap !!!!! the break was odd metal looks two different colors not sure if it was defective or what but iv done this many times and never broke the shaft .called ofna and they said send it in so we will see what happens

drum u have pic of break & scratch?

Just opened up the picco i got about 2 months ago and ive got the same scratch in the same place. Its not deep enough on mine to snag my fingernail, but heres some pics

61348836.jpg

35c44422.jpg

I should be receiving my other picco in the next few days hopefully it isnt any worse.

Yea it is just a tool drag. I have sent out emails and talked with OFNA about it and its being fixed. New piccos ship from picco in two weeks lets see if there is a change yet...

They said the scratch is fine and will seal. as for the crank they will not !! do anything for me unless there is a line of bad ones . he even said he has seen cranks break easy .are these thinner than normal ? just wundering on this ?? so the final deal is 50 $ and they will fix it up

wow so your stuck with the crank w/o buying a new one and they don't care the cases have the scrach... ?? nice! hard for them to replace the block when every block has the scratch.

Latest posts

Members online

Back