Everyone wants a picco BUYER BEWARE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think picco has made a bad batch i got my motor back in december and it dosent have the scratch or anything at all. also i don't know but are all of you guys getting them from smf or ebay ?

i think picco has made a bad batch i got my motor back in december and it dosent have the scratch or anything at all. also i don't know but are all of you guys getting them from smf or ebay ?
Don't know where your going on this Dan all of the mills are from picco.. the retailer has nothing to do with it.

In any tooling event tools are worn and need to be changed or the machineing system it's self has a flaw...simply put...it's just like a kitchen knife, if you don't sharpen it the knife does not cut properly.

Completely a manufacturer issue, absolutely not a vender/retailer issue.

Just my .02.

imo, the tooling issue is something that is gonna happen but I'm baffled that so many of them got out the door without being caught by Q.C.

drummer's crank is the 1 that really gets me. cant help but wonder if they'd reconsider giving him a new crank if they knew how many mills theyve sold just by word of mouth through this site :dunno: , that has to be a pretty big number.

well i got another picco to add to this....

you have to look really close but on the piston there is a raised lip on the very edge of it.

badpiston.jpg

bad2.jpg

i didn't say it was a retailer issues I'm saying picco made a bad batch long time ago and it just recently surfacing up at diffrent places. i just wish they stamped there mills

I got my picco today and look what they sent me. This is NOT a superficial scratch. I can catch it with my thumb nail and good too. This would never seal up and a noob would never know why he got a bad tune due to the HUGE air leak it will make. It goes from the outer case all the way into the crank channel as if they did it with the tool that cuts it. This type of stuff should NEVER leave the factory!!!!!!

Ill let you all know what Picco does about this! Reason # 1 to inspect all new motors before you start them.

DSC_0358.jpg

I know this thread is old but had to say I picked up a picco .26JL Red Dot in 2011 and has the same thing but allso had one under the piston sleeve and it was hard to tune even when sealed with lucky 7, now I buy LRP

I know this thread is old but had to say I picked up a picco .26JL Red Dot in 2011 and has the same thing but allso had one under the piston sleeve and it was hard to tune even when sealed with lucky 7, now I buy LRP

And this is an excellent reason why all new motors, even from a bad new rc kit ought to be taken apart and looked over. Great photo of a huge gouge. Let us know how this turns out. Good Luck!

slag spot in my picco, milled right through it when the milled the sleeve bore. don't seem to go very deep!
soory for poor quality. camera puked out and ipod don't do closeup pics very well

piccoblock.jpg

is that a new engine or has it been run ? either way it looks like a defect in the case... hope the manufacturer stands by it for ya

before i run any new engine it gets pulled down and inspected, we once had a losi engine had a giant burr stuck in the case, I caught it upon inspect, so I guess the lesson is look before ya run any new engine......using a lil care at first is the cure to bad engines

about 1 gallon through motor. bought in august of this year. no issues. some aspects of piccos could be considered poor quality , i guess.

like most things I suppose but payin for the "picco" name one would expect quality to be better than some other alsorun engines or any other part for that matter but I say run it, all that can happen is it will stop performing well and then ya got another choice to make... :lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Back