Eurgle radio ok for backyard basher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go with spektrum! Reliable and proven. Also a little simpler then that. I don't think you have to pay 3 plus for a spek. radio. Good luck!

Your worth more money nitrobashin! and its only a couple of $$ more expensive! Thanx a bunch mate, il do a bit of reading :)

wow it sure would be nice to have an *edit* option on my posts so I don't have to keep writing a new post every time I think of something ...

I think I had a JR radio that use to look identical to this one ... was a nice radio too.

Would this one be ok?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Spektrum-DX2...Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item5d2956ef0a

I don't need to buy the top end model one for it to be ok right?

This what I use and it's ideal for me, has all I need, 2 model memory so you can use it on another model, digital trim, EPA and 2.4Ghz most importantly, I don't race nor want a top end radio.

Recently found out Spektrum stuff is made by JR so the one you had before was probably the same as this DX2.0 or the older DX2.

Well its a done deal then, il buy it!

Now to find some nice servos that don't cost the world lol

Thanx again guys.

Or you may even be able to get a DX3.0 for around the same price on eBay, basically the same radio but has a couple extra features i.e 3 channel, 4 model memory.

I think that Eurgle radio looks fine. I never heard of it but the features are all there and it looks good .. just my 2 cents coming from a spcky Dx3R guy....

That dx2 is the one I have. Bought it new came with some good servos.Good choice!

Hey guys, sorry to jump off topic .... but what would be a good servo choice for the XL?

I seen that sticky for servo lists ... but its a little over my head. I understand all the speeds and stuff, but I have no idea whats racing / back yard basher choice.

I'm guessing you need a higher power one for the steering, maybe a metal geared one? And throttle aint real important for power I'm guessing ...

thanx again everyone for all your imput on this stuff, I'm actually shocked how mature this whole forum is (normally some are non stop trashing people), its really nice here!

Hey guys, sorry to jump off topic .... but what would be a good servo choice for the XL?

I seen that sticky for servo lists ... but its a little over my head. I understand all the speeds and stuff, but I have no idea whats racing / back yard basher choice.

I'm guessing you need a higher power one for the steering, maybe a metal geared one? And throttle aint real important for power I'm guessing ...

Its your thread you can derail it all you want! I like speed and torque in my servos. I have found that 200 in-oz is all you need for most mt/maxx size tires. MG is a must. I like .10 for speed but that is a fast servo. You may not like the speed till you get used to the truck. You are correct on the throttle/ brake. Again I like them fast .07 this time around, torque is not a big factor. I use 100-170 oz and its pure over kill! 70 would plenty of over kill alone..

thanx again everyone for all your ibput on this stuff, I'm actually shocked how mature this whole forum is (normally some are non stop trashing people), its really nice here!

Thanks we have a great group of guys here. Our staff does their best to quietly remove the ones that go against the grain and ruin the networking experience for the guy that just wants help with his truck. This forum was built on family morals and we pride ourselves on it. Its really nice to see posts like this. It makes it all worth it.. Thank you for being a part and welcome to the family!

P.S. We do get rowdy in the shout box. But if your reading, all the pokes and prods are between friends. A new comer may be turned off by it till they see we are all like brothers hamming it up. We don't pick on a guy just for his level of knowledge, ever.

~Bank~ - Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you can find a DX3.0 at the same price as the 2.0 do not buy the 3.0..... the 2.0 has the DX3.0 board in it, Thursday night i finally checked into the conversion, and simply moving 1 resistor to a new location you can "UNLOCK" your 2.0 to have all the functions of the 3.0, 3 channels, 4 model memory, lap timer, and so on... I have 2 Dx3.0's and i love them, would recommend them in a heartbeat

You guys are a wealth of information! Cant thank yous enough.

I understand the servo list alot better now ...

EX: S148 44 57 .23 sec. .19 sec. $13.99

First part of coarse if the model of it, second number is the in-oz @ 4.8 volts, second number is @ 6 volts, and the times are the same voltage dependent 4.8/6v.

Again awesome info guys, now I can go and read more and find myself some nice servos!

Also Morphin, extremely cool find on that DX2.0/3.0, what a neat little mod to "unlock" the unit lol, awesome mate!

and yes il be buying the DX2.0 with receiver from that hobby store :)

Unless you can find a DX3.0 at the same price as the 2.0 do not buy the 3.0..... the 2.0 has the DX3.0 board in it, Thursday night i finally checked into the conversion, and simply moving 1 resistor to a new location you can "UNLOCK" your 2.0 to have all the functions of the 3.0, 3 channels, 4 model memory, lap timer, and so on... I have 2 Dx3.0's and i love them, would recommend them in a heartbeat

Morph I told you I attempted this and it failed right ? I think i may have cooked the resistor but one way or the other it didnt work lol

Morph I told you I attempted this and it failed right ? I think i may have cooked the resistor but one way or the other it didnt work lol

Bank I did this mod thursday, and everything worked as expected, I did have to download and print out the DX3.0 manual because the grib button "C" needs to be setup on the controller to whatever function you want, there are 3 settings for it, 3rd channel, Lap timer, and steering override. It is very easy to cook these resistors, were you able to get the 4 model memory by removing that resistor? but didnt unlock the other functions by moving it. I can take some quick photos to prove it works if you would like.

Latest posts

Members online

Back