Esc relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson

I been researching some about trying to relocate my esc and wanted to get you guys thoughts on it. Basically I think I'm going to try to relocate it in between the tvps. The problem I'm having is trying to figure out what kind of bracket I need to make or buy.

I know some aftermarket extended tvps have screw holes already in them to relocate the esc but I have the hpi extended tvps and they do not have any extra holes.
What is everyone doing when relocating the esc with the hpi tvps? Drilling extra holes for a bracket or fab something up and try to use existing holes?

On a side note, since I'm going to try to relocate the esc I think may go ahead and try to move the receiver or at least try to make it look a little cleaner. I have a traxxas waterproof receiver box that is just mounted on top of the original, it just looks bulky IMO. I may just do without the waterproof box since I have no plans of going in any water or mud but I thought I would see if you all had any good ideas.

Here's a pic with what I have to work with, pretty much a normal setup. IMG_20160708_143825832.jpg

Sorry, such a late response.
What some guys are doing is using an aftermarket extended motor mount that was designed just for that reason. I have not found any, seems like people stopped making them...

Latest posts

Members online

Back