Engine won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd-86

First off, new here but not new to the rc world.... I recently got the savage xl 5.9, and did the break in procedure. when I was leaning it out for tuning try to get more out of it randomly died and went from a strong turn over to a weak sounding turn. I did take out glow plug checked it made sure it wasn't flooded or any thing but still won't start doesn't even sound like it's firing

so i figured it out... went to do a compression test at flywheel it was strong and at rtr it was weak so I'm going to break it down and clean

so i figured it out... went to do a compression test at flywheel it was strong and at rtr it was weak so I'm going to break it down and clean

Not sure what you mean by "rtr" if the compression is good at the flywheel it should be the same while starting....
did you also reset the idle air gap? how much fuel and use has the :ercm: seen ? this can have an effect on how it is running for sure.....

I had two things wrong I had an air leak and the other was I had a stripped rotor (rtr) for the starter

Latest posts

Members online

Back