Engine swap to 5.9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would u put an axial motor in the savage? I have the .28 axial spec 2 in my ofna buggy and it's slow, And yes I think I'm ok at tuning. Even with a tuned pipe on it (jp-1)

Last edited by a moderator:
well like I said earlier it was in the basket savage I bought, besides there is nothing wrong with axial engines either, I have owned just about all of them and I like how it runs and the power it has.....

no consolation to you but I done the same and it dropped straight in no trouble!
if I were you I would measure both engines front to back accurately and if they are identical, you got something else out.
good luck

Do you jump your truck a lot? If so remove your engine plate and braces. Check if they are bent, had that issue a few years ago. Difference was I couldn't get everything meshed up properly it was bowed pretty bad. Hope this helps.

In case you doubt my previous post. I went from a Stock Savage X w/O.S. 30VG to XL TVPs and XL engine plate. Same engine, same mount. I only noticed they where bent (plate and braces were bowed and cracked) when I pulled it all apart. You may also want to swap out the engine plate for the XL plate. It's thicker and has kept things pretty true and straight for me.

i circled in black what looks to be the problem but cant tell for sure because of the pics bent tvp
tvp1_zps76a18d6d.jpg
I have the same problem, my spur gear is the standard plastic which is a bit thicker too. I shelved the idea for a winter project so hope you got it sorted I am just reading through the posts. ps; you could give it a clean :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back