Engine rebuild or replace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazedrx7

Hey guys! I have a older savage x 4.1 that I swapped the motor to an os 30 a few years back. I’m starting to notice the age and not sure if I should rebuild my 30 or look into another motor. Since the os 30 is discontinued is it worth staying with that motor? On the other hand I’ve had it about 10 years so I know it’s animal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would just get a new one. A LRP or Novarossi will bring new life to the truck and I think I will be exciting to get the new little bad boy and drop it in your truck. I will also tell you this. I got my piston coated by I Calico coatings if I remember correctly. They have many coating you could get including some that could restore compression. I think just the normal ceramic coating will help a lot. They also reduce heat and friction. It cost me about 75. bucks with shipping. You may want to look into it. I will close as I will for now on. I hate RC planet because of poor customer service reps like Nicole.

I would just get a new one. A LRP or Novarossi will bring new life to the truck and I think I will be exciting to get the new little bad boy and drop it in your truck. I will also tell you this. I got my piston coated by I Calico coatings if I remember correctly. They have many coating you could get including some that could restore compression. I think just the normal ceramic coating will help a lot. They also reduce heat and friction. It cost me about 75. bucks with shipping. You may want to look into it. I will close as I will for now on. I hate RC planet because of poor customer service reps like Nicole.
Thanks. Appreciate the input!

Latest posts

Members online

Back