Engine not staying in place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wbond00716

I have recently noticed that my engine was loose and so I took it off. I cleaned the screws and everything put thread lock on set the gear mesh and took it out. When it cooled I noticed the engine was free to move again. The spur gear and the clutch bell are just fine but I am still kind of worried if you guys can help I'd really appreciate it!

So even after you ran it, the engine was loose again. The four bolts that go up from the bottom, through the engine plate remained tight?
Sorry, just want to fully understand the prob

Yes that is correct I don't know what's going on

So is the whole engine plate loose perhaps? Four little counter-sunk machine screws that hold it too the cross braces under your motor mount. You'll have to pull the engine back out to check those. Or perhaps the four bolts that hold the engine to the motor mount. Right tight below the cooling head, ball end hex are best to check those cause there hard to get vertical to them. That's pretty much it keeping your engine tight

No prob, and don't forget to loc-tite all machine screws, anything going into aluminum. Four screws that hold the engine mount cross braces to your TVP's. That's not likely the problem, but while you got the loc-tite out check them as well

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back