Engine mount failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mekios

DSC02908.jpg

This is my engine mount, the stock one. I said ok after 8lt it should be normal to break. By the way i have to comment here that having listened to guys in here i had steel spur gear so nothing stripped, even when the engine was about 20degrees off it's original position.
I replaced it with another one. After 1 tank on the new one it's cracked again, though only slightly.
What am i doing wrong guys? Is something bad happening to my mill, that keeps breaking those mounts? Could it be that i replaced the orignal mill screws with innovative-rc ones?

I run a GPM mount in my race truck and a Nova one in my basher. The thing I don't like about the Nova one is that they use loose nuts to mount it and they are a PITB to get threaded on the screws sometimes, but its very solid.
I would get an FLM one if I were you.

the motor plate could be bent putting stress on the mount

The plate is flawless! It's the mount that it's failing on me.

idk mek, id pull the plate completely out of the truck & go over the plate very carefully, even throw a straight edge on it & make sure she's not bent.

just sayin caz ive only seen dudes break more than 1 motor mount when the plate has damage. even a slight bend or tweak can do it.

I have to agree. The engine plate is weaker then the engine mount in my experience. If the mounts are broken the plate would more than likely suffer some damage as well.

I'm currently having the same problems,i thought it was just my bad luck!Ive broken a few of these recently but it usually happens after its been landed upside down :duh:. As suggested above,check the engine plate & the engine mount brace's & check the screws haven't snapped as well.It might just be a coincidence as well,but the one time i didnt replace the plate,the mount broke without taking much of a bash.cornfused

I'll check the plate today so wait till i get home from work and i'll let you guys know.
I had a bash yesterday with the cracked mount (not the one pictured) and nothing went wrong, even though i had some bad landings. I guess i am gonna leave it there as long as it's not messing with my gear mesh and have the new one i ordered as a spare.
If i changed to a heavy duty engine mount, then i would change the plate too to a more sturdy one. But i am not in the mood right now cuz i got to join the Greek Army in 15 days and i all my expenses have to freeze at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back