El Camino SS Body review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea dude looks awesome man ...... we both live in wa my next body goes to you

Anyhow Thanks for the comments guys. It should, well will look alot better once it's trimmed, Peeled, and the stickers are applied. Coming soon to a thread near here.

Wow, Looks great!!! I ve been waiting to see this for a while, If you werent so far way I d have to have you paint me one too.

A HPISF theme would be cool on a body.

Thanks Wister. Not done quite yet. If I could maybe get some smallish HPISF stickers, I would put them on most all bodies I paint. I have had some from the LHS I put on a number of them, but am out of those now. Again thanks.

wow good job buddy!! you have me thinking to just wing it and try painting a body as i am in need of one now!!:10:

wow good job buddy!! you have me thinking to just wing it and try painting a body as i am in need of one now!!:10:

Thanks. Take your skirt off and paint one already. They never come out quite as I envision them but they usually look good. I am just learning still I try something new on every one so I haven't mastered anything yet but It's fun and thats what counts.

HPIM0380_001_003.jpg
HPIM0380_001_002.jpg
HPIM0380_001_013.jpg
HPIM0380_001_013.jpg
HPIM0380_001_012.jpg
HPIM0384.jpg
Well ok guys here it is. Hope youall like . The lines on these are sweet, the stickers are some of the best detailed I have seen. It was easy to cut out with a couple different pairs of scissors
HPIM0380_001_010.jpg
And like I said before, These HPI bodies are already premarked as to where to cut and drill the holes to fit a standard Savage. They hold up well, And look fabulous! As for if there are questions on how It was painted, ask I'll try and answer. Once again Sorry it took so long, And hope this review will help in your choices for your next body. Thanks Gregg

nice!! well skirts off just ordered the clear ford bronco body but have no idea whats the best paint to use or anything lol as i don't own a compresser or anything so were talking hand painted lol this shoud be good for a laugh!!! any advice would be appreciated! i've painted a gas tank before on my motorcycle using the tape method but thats a bigger area and had a spray gun to use at the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
all hail the Body Guru retains his title. lol

nice choice on paint
nice trim
nice decals
nice detail review

Id say all in all very nice. lol

more pics please...................lol

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo thats nice bud

but wait its a traxxas

your reviewing a hpi product. something is fishhy round here lol lol lol lol

what is the one in the middle?

Can some one fix this? Or do I just need to start it over? I cannot see what I just put here hardly. Runs right off the page.

nice!! well skirts off just ordered the clear ford bronco body but have no idea whats the best paint to use or anything lol as i don't own a compresser or anything so were talking hand painted lol this shoud be good for a laugh!!! any advice would be appreciated! i've painted a gas tank before on my motorcycle using the tape method but thats a bigger area

Tape and stuff bud You can do it if I can.

well who knows? yours come out looking darn nice so ya never know!!!! I'm sure it will take a few bodies to fully get the hang of painting but thats all the fun i guess (trying new things)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo thats nice bud

but wait its a traxxas

your reviewing a hpi product. something is fishhy round here lol lol lol lol

Nice eye! Here's the deal. I gave the neighbor girl a body I had done for her Bday K. I told her brother I would do one for him. He did not like the ones I had and did not know what he wanted, so Like a Dumba$$ I told him when I got a body he liked let me know and I would paint It for him, Well this was it. So being a man of my word I painted it and gave it to him. He loves it! Now I need to get another and do for myself. Hope that isn't a problem. That I gave it away I mean. but they can be fit to a stock (badword) truck.

the little ones work too bud
HPIM0380_001_006.jpg

HPIM0380_001_004.jpg

HPIM0380_001_011.jpg

HPIM0380_001_007.jpg

HOWS THAT BUD?

awesome paint job bud. great review. that would be cool if you could airbrush rain drops.

BTW THE DARKER GRAY IS THE HALOGRAPHIC SO IT WILL FLIP COLORS IN THE SUN. PICS DON'T DO PAINT JUSTICE AS DOES WASHINGTON WEATHER. Darned caps lock.

is that your revo the body is on ? in one of the pic .... I see trying to make it look like a savy .. Its all good . when are we gonna bash them ?

is that your revo the body is on ? in one of the pic .... I see trying to make it look like a savy .. Its all good . when are we gonna bash them ?

Looks like the neighbor kids Revo from here. If you could read the posts instead of just lookin at the pics you'd already know that. As far as bashing I need time to do some maintenance. They will run but need a lil TLC really. couple pics on my savy though just for comparison as it's meant to be on one Funny covers both bumpers on the revo looks bad

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back