El Camino SS Body review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samisavage

Ok the stats. # 7177 Chevrolet El Camino SS body By HPI. this is a Registered GM Product reproduction. Detail, The Lexan used is very clean and clear, the mold detail is superb, The lines are very clean and consistant. Detailing the bodies accents and curves. These Bodies also come premarked for the areas with mounting, Aerial, head and tank filling, Holes for the stock length savages. The Decal sheet is very detailed as well as pretrimmed. There is also a placement diagram that points out the key details to GM trim. Also included in the package was one additional lexan mold of the front Bumper and the Bugcatcher for the blower. There is a small piece of 2 sided tape and 4 small screws with nuts to attach these parts to the body. In the past I have had several of the HPI bodies. In my opinion, These bodies are Very detailed, Hold up well, And are Of good quality materials. They trim nicely with a good pair of scissors and Exacto knife. These bodies are very detailed and look Great. In my opinion they are some of the best you can buy for overall Realism, detail and Quality. I hope this review will help you in your search for your next body purchase. Thank you for allowing me to do this and for all your comments.
HPIM0380_001_012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sami good review so far bud.

heres my el camino body, it was my first go at painting a body.
x-mas_2003_36_.jpg

another cool el camino
truck.jpg

sami good review so far bud.

heres my el camino body, it was my first go at painting a body.
x-mas_2003_36_.jpg

What did your wife do after she saw or found out where you put it at to take the picture?

lol good review so far.

shes has a great sence of humer!
sorry sami didnt mean to hyjack your review thread, I'm going to sit in the corner now.

I'm wanting to buy a new body for my sav x but I'm afraid of my painting skills so it will probabally be prepainted lol

My first job and the RCpics picture of the month with over 10,000 views that month alone :) Still haven't run the body though after almost 3 years lol

ElCamino.jpg

I'm wanting to buy a new body for my sav x but I'm afraid of my painting skills so it will probabally be prepainted lol

Don't be afeared! try it ya might like it. Snot that hard just start out with 1 or 2 basic colors and designs. With more experience do more elaborate. It's not rocket science for gods sake. You can do it, Gitr done.

My first job and the RCpics picture of the month with over 10,000 views that month alone :) Still haven't run the body though after almost 3 years lol

ElCamino.jpg

Chicken! Try harder man. only a body. Not a million dollar machine. Heck I'd be more afraid to run the truck you were builden. Nice Job, looks sweet, Black IS beautiful.

ya I'm gonna grow a spine and try painting a body i think!! worst thing that can happen is i'll have to just paint over it with a solid colour! lol

i like the paint jobs that slowly fade into another colour or change colours at different angles

I have 2 bodies which are going to be painted soon. They are going to be my first bodies as well. Hopefully sami will provide some more tips on painting during this review.:beforeme:

I have 2 bodies which are going to be painted soon. They are going to be my first bodies as well. Hopefully sami will provide some more tips on painting during this review.:beforeme:

I'm triing guys just slammed busy lately. If you like you can pm me and I can Help with painting the bodies, I suppose. Like I'm some kinda Guru or something? lol

Chicken! Try harder man. only a body. Not a million dollar machine. Heck I'd be more afraid to run the truck you were builden. Nice Job, looks sweet, Black IS beautiful.

It was my first body and took me forever. Ive trashed about a dozen cheaper bodys instead:dunno:

It was my first body and took me forever. Ive trashed about a dozen cheaper bodys instead:dunno:

Just yanking your chain bud. That is a nice body, but after the first lid skid it's bash on! BTW get that jeep built yet? Evans creek is calling. Lets wheel. Don't tell me it's not for wheeling I HATE that. Wanna see if you can follow the Sami.

So when are you going to get this thing painted bro ?

Oh I thought you were gonna come do it. I'm triing need to get another airbrush. Been slowly making progress but just been going so many directions the last week or so. I no longer even know where I am. Hopefully in the next couple days though.

Just yanking your chain bud. That is a nice body, but after the first lid skid it's bash on! BTW get that jeep built yet? Evans creek is calling. Lets wheel. Don't tell me it's not for wheeling I HATE that. Wanna see if you can follow the Sami.

Lift is getting isntalled this coming week at roberts. My neighbor has a huge sami, I'm sure you know him since he builds them for people arround there.

I only know like 2 people with Sami's I believe I've heard of him b4 though. Why are you not installing the lift yourself? Not all that hard to do and saves the BIG bucks Roberts is gonna want. Anyways let me know when your ready to wheel, I'm always looking for wheeling buddies. L8TR Gregg

I only know like 2 people with Sami's I believe I've heard of him b4 though. Why are you not installing the lift yourself? Not all that hard to do and saves the BIG bucks Roberts is gonna want. Anyways let me know when your ready to wheel, I'm always looking for wheeling buddies. L8TR Gregg

1) I work fridays and saturdays so sundays would be only day. Small grage with lack of tools, etc. I'm having a guy I know who works at roberts install it, align it, rebuild transfercase, and all that jazz for like $500.

that is a screaming deal hope that works out. Sundays work for wheeling let me know when you are ready in advance, I'll see who else I can get to go along. May just take the camper up on Sat and be there.

that is a screaming deal hope that works out. Sundays work for wheeling let me know when you are ready in advance, I'll see who else I can get to go along. May just take the camper up on Sat and be there.

Cool, I'm planning on having the jeep done in about a week :)

wheres the review

Ok the stats. # 7177 Chevrolet El Camino SS body By HPI. this is a Registered GM Product reproduction. Detail, The Lexan used is very clean and clear. the mold detail is superb, The lines are very clean and consistant. Detailing the bodies accents and curves.
HPIM0372_004.jpg
These Bodies also come premarked for the areas with mounting, Aerial, head and tank filling. Holes for the stock length savages. The Decal sheet is very detailed as well as pretrimmed. There is also a placement diagram that points out the key details to GM trim. Also included in the package was one additional lexan mold of the front Bumper and the Bugcatcher for the blower. There is a small piece of 2 sided tape and 4 small screws with nuts to attach these parts to the body.
HPIM0378_001.jpg
In the past I have had several of the HPI bodies. In my opinion These bodies are Very detailed, Hold up well, And are Of good quality materials. Also they Look great. I will be following up as I get to prepping and paint, trimming ect.. And will answer the Questions I can if you have any. Thanks

wheres the review in these 24 posts? JJ

you are the proclaimed Body Guru, its got to look good to uphold this title. lol

wheres the review in these 24 posts? JJ

you are the proclaimed Body Guru, its got to look good to uphold this title. lol

That is NOT SELFPROCLAIMED ! I just paint bodies SJ called me a GURU why I donno ask him. Sorry about the delays guys been really busy. got it prepped and now have a working airbrush. Just need to figure out what to try as far as design theme thing.

Ok guys shoot me some ideas what I should do here, probably won't do anything you wanna see, But need a direction. Ideas anyone. OK solid yeller she is.

Thanks for the help on paint schemes guys. NOT! Is finally done painted, pics tommorrow after trimming and stickers. Didn't come out like I wanted but think it will look ok.I hope.

Latest posts

Members online

Back