E-Savage LiPo Battery Holder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom H.

This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to lay my hands on what appears to be a gently used E-Savage thanks of course to Allan and his incredibly good luck. When I tried to put my LiPo's on her, I found that they were waaaay too big for the stock battery tray's. I'm sure some of you can sympathize with this. After some searching on the internet, I couldn't find anything that would do what I was looking to accomplish. So..... I went to Home Depot and got myself some 5/4 x 4 solid vinyl (found in the molding section) and some velcro. Below are the results of my endeavor. This being the first prototype, everything went well and initial testing (beating) went even better. For the time being, they're held on with commercial grade 2-sided tape. Eventually, I think I'd like to permanently attach them to the TVP's. We'll see how the tape holds up for now. I milled it out just deep enough to provide some protection to the battery. When all was finished, each tray weighed in at just over 2 ounces which is acceptable in my world. Feedback / constructive criticism is always welcome.

img2361q.jpg

img2362d.jpg

img2363f.jpg

img2364q.jpg

img2365b.jpg

img2366b.jpg

Looks good. I am thinking some countersunk screws and nuts on the inside of the tvp would make it very sturdy. Hope they are stronger than the GCM battery holders I have on the BL. When I first got the trucks I was just playing with it in the living room, hit the living room wall, not very hard and sent the battery pack through the front of the battery holder.

Latest posts

Members online

Back