E savage esc problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antndrew78

I picked up an e savage for a good deal it came with the hpi batteries that surprisingly still take a good charge the problem I am having is when you pull the throttle it won’t go but if you pull the trigger very very lightly reward like a mil meter back it will start to work then you can pull the throttle and it will start to throttle up to full power but that would be very hard to drive this way I swapped the recieve out with a flysky and still did the same thing can’t figure this out any help would be great

I also have the Manual but All it pretty much states is how to check the esc am i missing something it does say set up but I can’t find it in the manual

Looks like it is an automatic setup type unit, unplug the batteries, unplug the esc from the receiver and set all the radio settings to neutral, and then plug everything back in and see if it sets up according to the manual.....

Also be aware since that kit is discontinued it will be difficult to get parts for should you break something......

If the esc is broken I am going to go brushless something mild since the factory esc cost a lot more then I paid for it

Looks like it is an automatic setup type unit, unplug the batteries, unplug the esc from the receiver and set all the radio settings to neutral, and then plug everything back in and see if it sets up according to the manual.....

Also be aware since that kit is discontinued it will be difficult to get parts for should you break something......
Does the manual state that order because I couldn’t find anything

No but simple deduction tells me if you remove the power source and unplug the unit it will allow you to reset it......

Tried it and still the same going to try another set of batteries I just ordered the adaptors so some time next week thanks for the help so far

What batteries are you using? NiMH or LiPo? Did you charge them even though they had charge in them? Batteries can read a lot higher voltage until you apply load. Then the voltage drops. I don't notice that so much with LiPo, but with NiMH packs, especially older ones, they do that.

Ok got the adaptors to try a different set and combo of batteries and it worked I ran the truck about 10 min and it was fine I recharged the batteries to run it again and it’s back to the same problem will try and see if I can get this video up here is the link to the video

Update I disconnected one motor and it’s working.I then switched and tried the other motor and it ran normal hooked them both up and it ran normal so I am very stumped unless all my batteries are starting to go once I had it running it ran the batteries down quick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back