E-Revo VXL What yah think??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxinator

Ok guys i am getting some money together to buy the E-Revo VXL and i would like to know if any one on the forum who actualy HAS the Revo have had any problems with it ??? I don't want to buy something that wont last me or something that will turn in to a money pit.

--Sudi

r u serious?

buy a flux

Silly Rabbit Traxxas is for kids...............lol

jj of coarse

Last edited by a moderator:
sudi, i know that Magoo & Grumpy both have this truck. don't know how good of a 'thrashing' theyve given it; i know both are pretty busy with work lately.

pm them a link this thread & ask em to hit it

bad driver

I have a full size revo and the little one handles exactly the same (freakin awesome). i ran one my buddy bought. i have seen that truck do some crazy crap and holds up fine. only one problem, its so fast you will need more room than you think.

haven't given it the full bash yet. Waiting for my new r/x for the 4pk. It is extremely quick and handles the speed well. I got it because of its size and ease, so I could take it with me on buisiness trips. The only thing I question is the plastic tie rods, but now they sell an alu. upgrade.

I am very tempted to get one of these for christmas.They look like fun for running around the garden:getdown:

if you want something fun and small get the rc18t brushless, it is extremely fast and takes a serious beating i was getting over 30 mins runtime with it and parts for it are real cheap

if you want something fun and small get the rc18t brushless, it is extremely fast and takes a serious beating i was getting over 30 mins runtime with it and parts for it are real cheap

Thanks but i realy want the e-revo and i just ordered one:partyon:.My mum is giving me most of the money towards it for a christmas present and i also ordered bearings for the rocker arms and steering to replace the plastic bushes and some tan springs for the front and black for the rear.I also ordered some 30k diff oil as i have been reading about alot of them being empty from the factory.

i have 2 of them. they're a fun little truck and there are a few issues with them tho.
1. the stock servo is crap, replace it with a 82mg or an 85mg
2. buy extra arms, they break pretty easy ( word is rpm will have a set out around the beginning of the new year)
3. look into after market toe links, push rods and carriers. you'll need 'em within 3 months.
4. get diff shims, some trucks need to be shimmed straight from the box, others within 2 months.
5. 2s blows the u joints apart
6. 3s blows the u joints apart
7. consider, center and drive cvds
8. don't bother with the center diff, they end up leaking and creating issues.

grab yourself some flightmax lipos and the little truck rocks.

**personal opinion** i don't consider this truck a "hobby grade" rc, it's a toy, think of it as such and it'll help quelch looking at it and wondering if fisher-price made it or if a rc company did.

hot bodies had a minizilla that i think was a failed attempt at a mini savage. but i agree with you a mini savage would rock... but be damn near impossible to keep it's shoes down.. hmm.. maybe a hellfire would work better scaled down.

MiniZilla

minizilla.jpg

I ditched buying the Revo due to its substantial start up cost ( this was going to be my first electric so i needed to buy a charger +lipos thus making it too expensive of a truck to buy)

flightmax batteries are cheaper than the stock NiMH at less than 10 bucks each, and an accucel-6 charger and power supply for about 40 bucks. around 80 bucks total, gets you two sets for about an hour and a half of run time.

i'm not trying to push it, just lettin' ya know it doesn't HAVE to be all that expensive. hell, i even charge my 8000mah batteries on the accucel-6, it takes a while, but it gets 'em there.

Last edited by a moderator:
flightmax batteries are cheaper than the stock NiMH at less than 10 bucks each, and an accucel-6 charger and power supply for about 40 bucks. around 80 bucks total, gets you two sets for about an hour and a half of run time.

whell that 80 bucks goes up to 200 bucks when you come to turkey... The revo is 300+200 i can buy a savage for that much in turkey. so thanks but no thanks

Well i got mine christmas day and this is one crazy little truck.I am only running 1 NiMH at the mo and it still wheelies everywhere.Later in the year when i have some cash i will go LiPo with it and see how crazy this can realy be.Brilliant fun:jumpers:.

Latest posts

Members online

Back