Dynamite max life/ mugen 1.0 mm slipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek_2694

fianally got to put all the new parts on my savvy that i got for christmas. I have noticed that the dynamite max life clutch shoes and mugen 1.0 mm clutch springs were a popular combination. I installed the clutch with ease, shimmed the clutch bell and scuffed the cb. After the truck was all put together I went to run it. When i put the truck on the ground and noticed that it was slipping really bad and wouldnt even get in 2nd gear. I honestly don't know what else to do. please help!

Derek

Did you put in new CB bearings too? If so the grease from inside them has probably coated the shoes and bell, you will have to pull it and clean it up and start over.

Did you put in new CB bearings too? If so the grease from inside them has probably coated the shoes and bell, you will have to pull it and clean it up and start over.

Nah the bearings were still fairly new from when the other ones went bad.

Did you clean the bell b4 you scuffed it up ? and what brand was it? Some come coated in oil like RR stuff. They also need to seat too, they will slip for the first few tanks...

Did you clean the bell b4 you scuffed it up ? and what brand was it? Some come coated in oil like RR stuff. They also need to seat too, they will slip for the first few tanks...

the cb is a hardened steel one made by HPI. so should i just drive it around for the first few tanks to let it seat?

thanks for the help guys.

travis,
i tightened the slipper all the way down and the shoes have seated

Latest posts

Members online

Back