DX3S rolling selector problem, a known issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obbi13

Hello Fellow Hobbyists,

LAst week I was using my Savage with my DX3S as always but, when I went to adjust the throttle trim in the radio menu, the rolling selector just snapped to the inside of the radio. After that I just stopped in fear that this might damage the radio more.

After careful inspection I noticed that the right hand part of the roller (looking right at it) was broken and it appears to be plastic. So, no way to do a quick repair on my own. I just send it in to Horizon for Warranty yesterday. Let's see how fast they can send it back to me.

Is this a know flaw of these radios? I read somewhere in here that someone said it was a known issue.

Got me thinking about QA, since I have this radio brand new for about 3 months now!

I have the DX3R since it came out about a year or so and my roller is fine. All I can say about them....

Thanks for the reply Bank.

I guess this is an isolated case then. But if I were Horizon I would've made that roller hinges in metal so they hold stronger. But like I said, maybe is an isolated case and the plastic hinges are strong enough.

how do you keep your spek? is it out of the elements? sound like dirt to me........

Well Guys, it's been officially more than one month since I sent the radio to Horizon service and still haven't received it. I sent it out on May 6 and it's June 11 and still no news from it.

Does it always take that long? How are your experiences with Horizon service?

i think these radios have been back ordered for a few months now, that might not be helping the situation much in getting you a new radio.

Hello all,

Just to let you know that my DX3S arrived today. I'm just prepping to go out and have a good ol' bashing session.

all fixed ? I have a DX3S.. Haven't had any problems with it, but I have read about the selector giving people problems

Latest posts

Members online

Back