Dumb q's about gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awya14

so my axial is set up for street..4 shocks(low..1"of clearence) ..lightened up a bit ,road rage tires 3speed..its always had the 16/49..I wanted a bit more top end..so I put the 47spur on ,didnt notice a change.then 14/49 ..I still cant get the top end speed I'm lookin for..I have the gear chart ..but it doesnt mean squat..I have 14,15,16,17 c-bells.47,49,52 spurs whats the best ratio for top end??

Higher CB teeth count and lower spur teeth count for speed..with what you listed you have... 17/47 would be the fastest combo you have in your hands.

so my axial is set up for street..4 shocks(low..1"of clearence) ..lightened up a bit ,road rage tires 3speed..its always had the 16/49..I wanted a bit more top end..so I put the 47spur on ,didnt notice a change.then 14/49 ..I still cant get the top end speed I'm lookin for..I have the gear chart ..but it doesnt mean squat..I have 14,15,16,17 c-bells.47,49,52 spurs whats the best ratio for top end??

Divide the cbell number into the spur and the lowest number will give the most top end

Latest posts

Members online

Back