DSX2 or 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

I found 2 brand new spectrums on ebay.

1 is the DX2 and the other one is the 3.

The 2 is $127 and the 3 is $145.......I have 2 cars that I want to run and none has more than 2 servos in it.

Should I get the 2 and spend the extra $20 towards another receiver?

Thanks

I know the dx3 can come with a free second receiver. It's not really free cause those sets are usually a lot more expensive then the sets that don't come with 2. The dx3 is a good radio especially if you only have the stock savage radio. Mine died that's why I have the dx3 and the range is so much better. I did have issues with my receivers to start with but horizon replaced them no worries. Just make sure you call them. They didn't respond to my e-mails.

I have the dx2 and love it. Wish I had gotten the dx3 for that 3rd channel, and it has more memory too. The only problem is the stock receivers don't work so well for indoor racing (something to with with static build up...... dam truck would drive on its own), I had to go and buy a pro receiver to fix the problem. But other then that its great and I would buy another, but the dx3 this time

Ya I've Been Thinking About Upgrading My Radio As Well And Was Looking At The Dx2 Apparently It Works Alot Better Then The Stock One And Helps With The "glitchyness" That My Stock Radio Has!!

Is This A Fairly Good Radio?View attachment 782 I Found It At Nitronutzz Ebay Store For Like $50 Bucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it comes stock with some vehicles. I bought a couple of new boats and it can standard with them. They are made by the same maker as the spectrum. But, the spectrum is top in my books. Joe

That remote looks like the same thing that came with my LE losi. nice radio IMO for the price

Thought it looked familiar!

lol I love it and it would be even nicer if it was spectrum.

I am probaly going to get a DX3 if I have the money since it comes with 2 receivers or get the DX2 and just swap the receiver out from 1 car to the next.

I have the dx2 and I plan on buying another one down the road. I only bought the DX2 cause I did not have a need for the 3rd channel. But my next one will be the 3. If you get one. You will be very happy with it. At least I am. Joe

I am thinking of putting it on lay-away. I do not have the money right now to get it but as much as I go in I could pay for it gradually.

Go for the DX3. You may not need the third channel now but at least you will have it if you do. Also it comes with a second receiver so its definitely worth the 20 extra. I have the dx3 and I love it. No more glitches and great range. Now if I could just get my truck tuned properly.....

Cool No More Glitches!! What Causes That With The Stock Radio? I Know My Wire Isnt Pinched Or Anything And I'm Running A Good Hump Pack And I Know Its Not Interference As I Still Have Full Control But When I First Turn My Truck On It "glitches" Never Knew Why!

AM and even FM radios are very sensitive to outside interference. The engine running, the clutch bell vibrating, and a million other sources can cause interference. The DX3 is at 2.4Ghz which has a much stronger and clearer signal. Most cordless phones are on this frequency now as well as computer routers. The TX binds to the RX so even if someone else with a 2.4GHZ system is near you there wont be any interference.

When I bought my Sportwerks Turmoil buggy it came with the Spektrum DX2 I purchased two other receivers and I now use my DX2 for three vehicles my Savage, RS4 and Turmoil even though it has only a two vehicle memory I set up my servos on my buggy and savage to have similar settings i just tweak a couple settings on the remote and off i go!!

Hmmmm Thats Pretty Cool Actually!!! Ya don't Have To Carry A Dozen Radios When U Bring All Your Trucks Out To Play!!! Lol

I was talking to my LHS guy yest. about upgrading my radio system when I get the money. I was thinking either the Spektrum or a Nomadio system. He was telling me that Spektrum is gonna be coming out with a new surface system that's better than the DX3. Next time I go in there I'm gonna talk to him about it and find out the name of it and let you guys know.

Wow That Ones Pricey!!! But sounds like it has everything a serious rc person could ever want!

Its Like Everything Else, Its New So Its Expensive After Its Been Out Awhile I Bet It Will Be Cheaper!!

YA YA I GOT IT NOW!!! LMAO HONESTLY I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF DOING THIS!! SORRY IF IT WAS A PAIN IN THE ARSE!!

P.S......... BUT I DO GET MORE POINTS FOR POSTING ALOT HA HA HA "JUST KIDDING"

And He Strikes Again!!!..lmao..Instead of posting twice so i get two emails about this thread you can edit your original post unless you like watching the saying under your name change!!..lol..

Well the LHS has a DX3 with 2 receivers, 2 servo;s, battery pack, and on/off switch for $250.

Selling a buggy or 2 then picking it up.

Well the LHS has a DX3 with 2 receivers, 2 servo;s, battery pack, and on/off switch for $250.

Selling a buggy or 2 then picking it up.

JUST CURIOUS, HOW MANY TRUCKS, BUGGY'S OR WHATEVER DO U HAVE? LOL

I was waiting for the dx3r as I wanted something with better range and one transmitter to control all my cars but stock gear died in the mean time. So I bought the dx3. I have been thinking about some sort of 4 wheel steer truck and it would be nice to have the 3r for that as it will proably handle mixing. The Nomadio is also a sweet radio. Probably the best other then the size of the receivers. I needed small receivers and nomadio didn't have any. They may have them now though.

It Just Shows Up!! Lol And The Phrase Changes Every So Often!! Once U Get Enough Points I Think U Can Buy The Right To Pick Your Own Saying!!

I have 4 cars right now, and thinking of selling 2.

Latest posts

Members online

Back