Drive time Savage flux HP ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardOne

Hy guys .
i wanna buy a Savage Flux HP . but i wanna know how long can you drive with him ?
i have 2x 2s 5200 45C lipos.
With my traxxas slash 4x4 i can drive around 30. min with 1 LiPo, is that
possible with that Savage with 2x 2 ?

sry for my bad english ..;)

First off Welcome to the forum

Runtimes will vary with how much full throttle running you do...
I am sure the Savage Flux HP will draw much more juice from both batteries at once so i doubt you will get the same as your Slash but it may be in the realm of 20 minutes with your batteries.....
Either way if you want more runtime then maybe consider getting a couple more packs so you have more to extend the fun....

Olds, I've seen some batteries that say you can charge them at 2C but I charge all mine at 1C. I.E. if it's a 5000mah battery, I charge at 5 amps. My batteries for my MERV are 2200mah and I charge them at 2.2 amps. About every 4th or 5th charge I'll charge at 1/2 that just for whatever.

Anecdotes are not the same thing as evidence, but I have read on various forums and review sites that the 1C maximum charge rate is largely a relic of the earlier LiPo days. Several manufacturers rate their batteries for 2C or greater charge with no real impact on cycle life.

The best thing you can do by far for the life of the batteries is not run them down too far. Over-discharge will kill a cell far, far faster than charging at 2C instead of 1C.

Interesting discussion of the matter here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816233

Olds, I've seen some batteries that say you can charge them at 2C but I charge all mine at 1C. I.E. if it's a 5000mah battery, I charge at 5 amps. My batteries for my MERV are 2200mah and I charge them at 2.2 amps. About every 4th or 5th charge I'll charge at 1/2 that just for whatever.

So, it's still roughly the charge rate is the same as the capacity. A 5000mah pack charged at 5A for 1 hour. Not sure where the "1C" vs "1Amp" came into play.

So, it's still roughly the charge rate is the same as the capacity. A 5000mah pack charged at 5A for 1 hour. Not sure where the "1C" vs "1Amp" came into play.

The C rating means different things in different context. In this case, charging, it stands for capacity. So charging at 1C equals charging at 1 of the battery's capacity. Charging at 1C for a battery with a rating of 5000mAh means it should be charged at 5A.

the way I understand, charging generates heat which causes cell breakdown over time so with that in mind I would charge at a lower rate and save damaging the cells, the reason racers charge at higher rates is most of them have sponsors and can afford to mistreat their batteries a bit more than us average folks who pay full price for these items...

the way I understand, charging generates heat

That ties into something else mentioned in the thread I linked (and lots of other places). I personally charge my Turnigy LiPos at 2C and they don't heat up enough for me to feel the difference with the back of my hand between the battery about to hit the CV phase at 2C and the one that's just sitting on the counter next to it.

Folks with some actual measuring equipment have seen that their batteries (I don't remember which brand) don't heat up more than half a degree above ambient while charging at 2C.

I charge my zippys at 5 amp cause they said they could be on the other hand the new turnigy Nanos say they can be charges at 8C and there only 5000mah.......won't charge them at that rate though just stick with 5c batteries don't get hot at all really. But to the OP I was getting 20 25 min run time maybe longer if I didn't gun it alot. On 5000mah packs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back