Do I NEED A New Tuned Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeahYeah

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum (thank you to Site Jester for the reference!)

I just bought a new Savage 4.6 RTR last week. I am not looking to put a bunch of money into it right off the bat. However, I seem to remember a while back reading that a new tuned pipe should be the very first upgrade you buy for your truck. Obviously, the one that is included with the RTR is...not exactly trick. I would almost say I remember that for the most part, the stock tuned pipes on RTRs are actually bad for the truck, as in they not only rob power but seem to decrease engine life. I might have made this up, but I could swear I read it in a mag somewhere.

Anyways, should I just go ahead and buy myself a new pipe right away? If so, are there any that stick out? Obviously, a Vantage CF pipe would be sweet, but I don't want to shell out $100 right now for a pipe. I was looking at the HPI Ribbed 21+ pipes. It seems like matching an HPI pipe to an HPI engine makes sense, and they are very affordable.

Thank you in advance for the input!

Thanks for singing up bud !!!

I would go ahead and run your tuck for like a gallon get the feel for it..
Then YES a pipe is a must.. I would look at hpi polished pipe rather then the ribbed .. The ribbed pipe is VERY loud and IMO the polished pipe is way better for performance.. again welcome and ask all the questions you need bud

I agree with SJ run the truck then get a pipe and next probably a Hump pack for a battery in the truck along with an upgraded steering servo and take the stock steering servo and put in for throttle/brake.

The poilished pipe is by far bett then the ribbed pipe as far as preformance goes. Now if you want to make the neibors mad then get the ribbed pipe cause its loud

welcome aboard yeah yeah

Hey, thanks for the quick replies! It's good to get some positive feedback on a forum for a change!

I already bought a hump pack for the receiver, though, it is only 1000 mAh, so I might look for a higher capacity one soon. I was told that was a big upgrade and it would improve steering and throttle response.

I would rather have a quiet pipe than a loud one, I think. Even a quiet nitro R/C is loud enough for me. I saw some talk about the Buku earlier, but $109 is a lot of scratch and I am not sure I want moving parts in my exhaust system. The fewer moving parts the better, or so I hope since my real car is a rotary!

Thanks again for the input, I am sure I will keep peppering you all with questions as I cut my teeth in the hobby. But I'll be sure to repay the favor when I can!

Keep em comming well try our best to help with anything. Also, welcome abord we always like new members.

Like the others said the HPI polished pipe is a great pipe and is very inexpensave.

The buku pipe is a tunable pipe and the last one you'll even buy. Ask some of the people on here that run them, they swear by them.

Hi yeahyeah. Welcome to the forums. The buku is an awesome pipe. It is a

little pricey, but if you are looking for max power and performance out of

your rig. It all seems worth it. I now have two.

just to "throw" it out there, I'm now using the rd lodgics one piece savage exhaust and i like it!! its alot nicer then the ribbed i was running and gives my x more punch on take off!! plus its not as loud as the ribbed!!

welcome to the forum i run the hpi ribbed pipe. i think its a great pipe but i haven't tryed many others. its got a good sound to it aswell.lol
4x4

i was thinking of buying a new exhaust i like the look of this one
6e47_1.JPG

what do you guys think of this pipe
its a

GPM HPI SAVAGE X 25 21 Double EXHAUST TUNED PIPE

well I just ordered up this one last night, I am still adventuring into the hobby but I just about got 1/2 gallon ran through my truck.. I have the majority of the "small budget" mods but I was tired of the plastic composite pipe on my truck..

hpic6138.jpg

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFPY9&P=ML

I would stay just go with the Polished Pipe, alot of people recommend it and you can get it in either Silver or Purple.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back