Differential savy help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwright

I have a basically stock savage x with a Lrp in it, I think I need new front and rear differentials but please correct me if I'm wrong. When I spin one wheel forward the opposite wheel spins backwards, if I spin it backwards the opposite does nothing. I thought they should all spin forward if I spin one single one forward. Please help. Thanks

When you spin any ONE tire, the one on the opposite side should spin in the opposite direction, and the ones on the other end of the truck shouldn't move much, if at all. If the opposite tire DOESN'T turn in the opposite direction then something is definitely wrong.

You won't find many vehicles, R/C or 1:1, that will move all four tires when you turn one by hand.

Sorry for the double post.

BTW, if you replace your diffs, make sure to get the HPI Bulletproof diffs. They're 39:9 and have big chunky teeth that are about impossible to hurt, as opposed to the 43:13 Heavy Duty diffs that may have come in your XL.

Well I'm clueless as to my problem then. Something is stripped out somewhere. My truck is super slow, if I hammer it on full throttle, it barely moves, maybe as fast a walmart rc, any ideas?

did u check the tranny ?
if u pick up the truck and give it gas does it go slow and start to speed up little bye little ?

No, when it's off the ground it tries to haul ###, but if it's on the ground it's a slug

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back