Diff shimms you WILL need

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your welcome .. once you have alloy cups .. spider gears wont be the problem .. (NOT FOR ME ANYWAY) trick is to eliminate all side to side movement .. from 43 tooth to 13 tooth ... once you do that your diffs will last a long time... How do you do this you ask ??

Well you shimm the 43 tooth, put the shims on the 43 tooth BEFOR you put your bearing on .. This will move the bearing over a little bit, helping the diffs assembly stay put in the cases. Also make sure your 13 tooth is shimmed also.. keep an eye on how your gear mesh is and make sure you have a perfect mesh . with the 13 tooth and 43 tooth

Your welcome .. once you have alloy cups .. spider gears wont be the problem .. (NOT FOR ME ANYWAY) trick is to eliminate all side to side movement .. from 43 tooth to 13 tooth ... once you do that your diffs will last a long time... How do you do this you ask ??

Well you shimm the 43 tooth, put the shims on the 43 tooth BEFOR you put your bearing on .. This will move the bearing over a little bit, helping the diffs assembly stay put in the cases. Also make sure your 13 tooth is shimmed also.. keep an eye on how your gear mesh is and make sure you have a perfect mesh . with the 13 tooth and 43 tooth

Jeremy can you please define the perfect gear mesh? Do you use the paper between the gears method? Or is it by feel?

The paper trick is for the spur gear and clutch bell mesh .. I really don;t like using that method .. I go by feel and the sound the gears make

HPI has dis-continued the 8x10x0.2 shims according to my LHS. I'm already seeing "OUT OF STOCK" in places. But in a Google search I found that the XRAY also uses the same size shims so they should still be available, just not from HPI.

the only XRAY shims I could find close to that size were the 8x10x.1mm shims , ofna also makes a size close to the hpi set at 8x10x.3mm I just ordered at set after my LHS has failed me twice now... blah!

Latest posts

Members online

Back