diff bearing gone out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallone09

Went out today just wondering what to replace it with stock or other . like acer our boca bearing ?

I have been using Acer Racing bearings for my diffs (and the whole rest of my truck) for a couple years now and they are very nice compared to the garbage HPI ones. They spin longer and smoother then the HPI ones and last a lot longer in your truck. I have not had to replace a worn out or broken bearing since I upgraded to them.

I am now converting the truck with the full bearing kit over from an X SS to a FLUX so they will get a really good workout after I'm done with them.

I've had good luck with avid bearings. Also most of their steel revolutions bearings are a buck

Looks like my rear one fell apart today...

dp_101106_01.JPG

It would have to be that one too! :stressed:

I will probably go with Boca green seals. Can anyone tell me what the best way to getting the silicone fluid cleaned out of the cup? Last time I switched weights, it was a bloody mess, and I'll have to remove the spider gears and all to get to this bad bearing.

I blew the same side on my front diff a few weeks back. I just replaced it stock till I has the funds to order new bearings and bf diffs ,as it took out three teeth from my pinion at the same time.

When you pull the gears out just wipe them off and set the case upside down on a grease/shop rag so it can drain out. No need to clean it good enough to eat off of.

BTW. Its always that one. LOL

No not always, LOL. I had to replace both sides at the same time. Started hearing the diff skipping teeth under throttle, looked at it and the diff was so loose you could move the drive cups up and down. LOL! I just got what the LHS had on hand. Not sure of brand but they have blue seals on them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back