destroyed by a savvy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my cousin said his was tougher and all i did was laugh and ran his lil revo over i have a pic of wats left of it if i can find it lol i hit his at i think 50mph

+1, you cant go throwing out you destroyed a revo without some pics my friend, rockout

ya that 50mph savage would be something to see thats for sure... lol and as far as revo's go there great for what there intended for and if you really think about it traxxas pretty much was the industry leader when this nitro craze started...

I'm not bashing a revo nor do i have pics but ill ask my friend who owns the revo if he still has the parts bill . he did upgrade to all rpm plastics after that crash which he determined was his fault. he even bought the parts tree for my x that replaced the skid that had a tear in it and the 2 bumper support bars. as for a 50 mph savage i would like to see that , who is gona be the first one to buy a flux and put it on 6s lipos?

i'll have to find them i just moved to oklahoma from warsaw indiana about a month ago so give me a lil bit and yes my truck goes 50 thanx to the 3spd.

who is gona be the first one to buy a flux and put it on 6s lipos?

this question has been on my mind for a while, out of all of us here on hpisf, there has to be at least 1 that can step up to the plate. wish it could be me.

i tried my hardest to hate electric, but the speed of these brushless systems can really grab your attention.

i tried my hardest to hate electric, but the speed of these brushless systems can really grab your attention.

I agree some of the new electrics that are out and the price of nitro fuel I'm starting to look at an electric

I've owned two Traxxas products, a VXL Rustler and a Nitro Jato 2.5. The Rustler was a better vehicle for bashing but that Jato was insanely fast. Buddy has the Revo and I see nothing wrong with it....then again...I haven't received my Savage yet :D

yeah a 50 mph savvy doesnt seem far fetched.... they do at least 40 out the box... so a high end 3spd, with the right gearing... no problem! i do wanna see some pics of a beat up traxxas tho!!!

I think you would be pushing it to get a stock savage over 40mph. I must admit I still haven't radar tested my nitro savage but it's not stockand has the xl 3spd and I still don't think it does over 40.

this question has been on my mind for a while, out of all of us here on hpisf, there has to be at least 1 that can step up to the plate. wish it could be me.

I have a new motor coming for my brushless savage. You never know, it may be efficient and powerful enough to be geared up to the 50 mark. At the moment it does 45mph so 50 isn't too far away.

Last edited by a moderator:
a savvy x out the box goes 44-45. with 3spd upgrade it adds 10% top end. 10% of 45 is 4.5 and when you tack on the 10% to the 45mph equals 49.5mph and with multiple variables can also change top end or low end grunt.

a savvy x out the box goes 44-45. with 3spd upgrade it adds 10% top end. 10% of 45 is 4.5 and when you tack on the 10% to the 45mph equals 49.5mph and with multiple variables can also change top end or low end grunt.

All in how it is written 10% faster not top speed. HPI marketing at work. It accelerates 10% faster with the 3 speed but is not faster you need the hi speed 3rd gear for more speed. w/o it your talking fractions of a MPH. With it some claim 4 MPH. But the stock 3 speed is not faster in terms of MPH.

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you run one past a radar stock? I would be surprised if a stock one would do 40mph honestly. I have run a lot of different cars past a radar gun and the stock monsters always seem to be under or close to the 40mph mark. I'm pretty keen to run one of the Cen 7.7s past the radar gun actually since I haven't done that yet.

i had the 3 speed in my x4.6 last year. i swapped the stock 2 speed back in for this season. with the 2 speed, my truck got going faster than my buddy's 3.3 tmaxx and the top speeds were close. with the 3 speed, he got going faster, had a higher top speed, and i kept changing spur gears due to chewing them up or wearing out the slipper pad. didn't notice any good speed changes, personally. not too big a fan of the 3 speed.... though hearing it shift a lot was pretty sweet!

gearing.speed.gif

I need to add CEN diffs to this mix. If you get too tall of a gear, the motor won't power it at those speeds. Got to find that sweet spot.

no pics yet? well i will put a crashed jato in here just to make yas feel better. this was caused by a ford ranger not a savy tho.
Picture076.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back