Desertboy 17 rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pietrOmertaBMC

hello peepz, some people might remember my black beast that i customized a bit myself, some pics below to show what i'm talking about ;)

16blpw7.jpg

it had the servo and the esc mounted on the side :)

11lo1gz.jpg

some vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaPKp4xQ_Zc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjm1JmD2CjQ&feature=related

the truck ended up getting dusty and rusty on the attic though (i know it's a shame!) but i finally got it from the attic and it looked like crap lol even rust on the dogbones and bolts so daaaammmnnn ...

Now i took it apart and started rebuilding it, i want to improve the steering and do some minor changes to it not quite sure what they will be yet...

This is what i did allready:

changed the motor mount/positioning to make more space to mount the servo again but now i want it on the inside (Hitec HS-805mg) the old mounting plate didn't leave much room for play and i wanted to make something anyway lol so i just made something new hehe.

This is what i got done for the moment and for me it looks pretty sturdy, its made from 4mm aluminium so it should hold... plz give me some coments if you think it won't hold. I have a 20/44 gearing mounted. It's adjustable if you remove the 3d screw in the middle but i think it will move if i remove that screw so not adjustable lol :)

i used an old tekin motor mount that i had cut up to fit my tork engine but it didn't work so i reassembled it with the help of some alu ;)

2hp3kwi.jpg

15x7pex.jpg

in between the tvp's from the front

23m8qdh.jpg

from above

vhgfo4.jpg

the mesh

20kayat.jpg

from the outside ( i added the third screw after this pic ;) so in between the 2 screw i added one that could move up/down just to make sure it stays put with this gearing...

e66mx1.jpg

its different but i hope it will work, its not machined at all and exact measurements i don't have , i just start cutting and drilling and i see where i end up :)

i'm also thinking of adding some fans on top of the motor or is that useless?

next is mounting the servo and trying to improve the steering drastically coz it was kinda crap.

tips are always welcome!

should i change the knuckles or what other parts to improve the steering, i allready have an alu steering post and i shaved the knuckles but still...

cheerz!

Latest posts

Members online

Back