D8T motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Jcam did send me a JPX .28 to mod, maybe a little overkill as it trashed all three diffs in under a gallon. And "they" say truggies are indestructible :lmao:

Yes Jcam did send me a JPX .28 to mod, maybe a little overkill as it trashed all three diffs in under a gallon. And "they" say truggies are indestructible :lmao:

Robin you think the .21 will be a better match for the Truggy based on taht?

@ Alex, i like how you got a HPI/Hot Bodies/Picco theme goin on here.

Yes, you don't really need a .28 to race, the .21 gives you all the power you would need and then some. It's better on fuel as well.

Freddy where do you think I got the motor choice from. :)

And thanks I try to keep some type of overall theme.

Werks B5 is best bang for the buck.. alex.. too much power is a bad thing at trax70, too much wheelspin.. run a non modded .28 or .21... power doesnt win you the race and i doubt that motor will have anything to nut up with in comparison to some of the other mills out there....

you do know if you race make sure they allow modded mills lol sometime they don't and well you know the rest

They do well they may change that if I destroy them though. Making a track to practice on this winter

Werks B5 is best bang for the buck.. alex.. too much power is a bad thing at trax70, too much wheelspin.. run a non modded .28 or .21... power doesnt win you the race and i doubt that motor will have anything to nut up with in comparison to some of the other mills out there....

Just to clarify, my race engines aren't modded for brutal power, they are designed to have a nice smooth transition in rpm as well as better fuel economy (things that help win races). They are no slouch by any means but power is not the focus! My buddy happens to have the werks engine you mention and there is no contest.... at all. My picco .21 will smoke it in every aspect especially rpm yet it is very controllable and easy to drive.

Just to clarify, my race engines aren't modded for brutal power, they are designed to have a nice smooth transition in rpm as well as better fuel economy (things that help win races). They are no slouch by any means but power is not the focus! My buddy happens to have the werks engine you mention and there is no contest.... at all. My picco .21 will smoke it in every aspect especially rpm yet it is very controllable and easy to drive.

thats telling him robin!! lmao just kidding.............

Alex that .21 is a perfect choice. If you have the right tire set up and diff fluid set up, you will be on fire especially with robins mod in it. I think you will do fine with that motor.

Well to be honest I put the truggy project on hold for a while.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back