custom chopper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

/\/\lst

well my father is having a custom chopper built for himself. ive done alot on his bike, ive machined parts on an olllldddd bridgeport. made mounts and bungs in an atlas lathe. and the bike is pretty far along. the build started alomost a year ago and now were tearing it down fo paint and powder coating. the frame is custom made,along with the handlebars and seat pan. the tank, fender,and oil tank is all hand made by me. the old fashion way. with hammers and an english wheel. i machined all of the mounts and brackets. its been alot of fun. and soon were getting an old triumph to tear up and chop it out into a bobber. but thats at a later date. right now I'm working on getting my tig welding down. ive always used a mig welder. but anyway here are some pics of the bike. ....its almost 10 and a half feet long

Last edited by a moderator:
its an old bridgeport mill i use at work for all my homers. brilliant machine!! its amazing what u can do with such a basic bit of kit. after the xmas hols I'm goin to make some stuff for my rc.

it is a very amazing machine. an autofeed would be beautiful. but i have to admit id rather crank it by hand so i know how that 20 thousands of a cut feels like. but thats just me.

it is a very big front end. its a 16 over. stock is like 4-6
ive also been thinking of cookin up some r/c parts. me and my father have been tossing around the idea of making parts and sellin them off over the net. parts that arent everywhere, like headlight brackets. countersunk mounts. handlebar risers. etc.

the guy that taught me everything i know knows a guy that does lasercutting. I'm thinking about drawing up some blueprints of savvy tvp's

i have an autofeed on my mill nananananan!lol its a great feeling gettin a lump of metal and turnin it into something u can use!

is there anyone else that works on a mill or lathe on the site??? or are me and wullie the only cool people on the site. j/p

we are the coolest and the hihes skilled!lol there are a couple other guys, I'm sure i read that somewhere before when we were talkin about doing homers and skimming cylander heads.

ahhhh i see. well I'm goin over to the shop tonight. i guess i got some work to do. .like alot of work.

Latest posts

Members online

Back