Cuda True Rod Flames

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintage tone

Hey everyone
I m never really happy with true fire on lexan so i ve been experimenting different techniques for a while.
This is a mix of true fire and classic hot rod flames. I like to have an outline around the flames. The outline is very complex, it s candy transparent colors, going from a deep red to gold depending on how the light hits it. I think if offsets the flames nicely but stays in the warm fire colors.
All windows trims are painted with real chrome paint and the main color is black with gold flakes that pops in the sun light.
Let me know what you think :)

Cuda-Flames-3-4b.jpg

Cuda-Flames-HoodDetail.jpg

Cuda-Flames-HoodDetail2.jpg

Cuda-Flames-HoodDetail3.jpg

Cuda-Flames-Window2.jpg

Cuda-Flames-sideDay5.jpg

Cuda-Flames-sideFlash3.jpg

Cuda-Flames-sideDay2.jpg

Cuda-Flames-sideDay4.jpg

Cuda-Flames-sideDay3.jpg

wow that looks awsome!!! there the most realistic flames i've seen i think!!

P.S.. I THINK HE DID A GREAT JOB ON MINE AS WELL!! LOL

Man that is sick.. Nice work as always T..

Hey Vintage, Awesome as always!!!! Still like the Marine Lid better :)

I'm betting you would!! lol I'm glad people are finding out about his work i was amazed when i got my body from him the attention to detail was impressive!!

nothin like classic flames on a good 'ol American muscle car.

awesome work Antoine! :resp:

Incredible lid man! I was wondering if you could give any tips on doing the chrome window trims. I did my first lid with liquid mask. It is a Grave Robber body and I did all the trims, bumpers and exhaust in chrome. There is a thread on it here with some pics. I found that on the very thin window trims the chrome did not bond very well in some places. Do you prep your bodies in any way before you paint, particularly the window trims, to make the paint stick better? I washed mine out really well, but was too afraid of having scratches show through if I sanded it or took a scotch brite pad to it. Here is the thread I started on it:

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13696

That looks brilliant Vintage. This is exactly what I am working on right now on my Jeep body. I am still trying to perfect the true flame look (I bought a 4'x4' piece of plexi to practice on). This certainly inspires me to keep on practicing.

ty for the kind words everyone
Smaller stencils inside the flames you mean ?
I like it like that, i like the dunamics of the flames like that. I m not aiming at a classic RC true fire you see all over the place inside flames, the shields / stencils follow in size and shapes the flames emselves to give it a solid graphic proportion. There are larger and smaller ones blended in :)

I like it like that, i like the dunamics of the flames like that. I m not aiming at a classic RC true fire you see all over the place inside flames, the shields / stencils follow in size and shapes the flames emselves to give it a solid graphic proportion. There are larger and smaller ones blended in :)

I think its mint other then it carrys threw making shapes between the segments. In the end its your art and what your after. I just like true flame allot ...

don't listen to him!!lol
bank wishes he could paint like you>>lol

don't boot me bank!!!!

don't listen to him!!lol
bank wishes he could paint like you>>lol

don't boot me bank!!!!

lol I love the body. And no I cant paint nor want to. But if I were his customer thats how i'd feel about it. So I tell it like it is. I'm looking for a guy to paint me true flame ATM. So I said that to see his response and tell me if he is my painter or not. I'm not going to blow smoke caz its better then I can do. I know that already! Its about what I will pay for and constructive criticism to see if he can make what I want.

lol I love the body. And no I cant paint nor want to. But if I were his customer thats how i'd feel about it. So I tell it like it is. I'm looking for a guy to paint me true flame ATM. So I said that to see his response and tell me if he is my painter or not. I'm not going to blow smoke caz its better then I can do. I know that already! Its about what I will pay for and constructive criticism to see if he can make what I want.

i was just messin w/ya bank. the guy can paint! i cant wait to get a new lid, i have some ideas of my own..

I LOVE constructive critism.
PM Me for what ya want bank and i d make you some samples, also tell me what body it would for and if you want a full free hand flame or if you want flames with fire in em .
I have 600 lexan sheets to make samples for people lol ! we can use a few :p

I love the look of true flame also. Can't go wrong with that! Hey Vintage, are you you selling some of these bodies? Or was that one done for a customer? I know a couple you posted about on here were for other people, but are some of them just for fun/to sell? If so what would you say would be an average cost of something like that baracuda body?

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE constructive critism.
PM Me for what ya want bank and i d make you some samples, also tell me what body it would for and if you want a full free hand flame or if you want flames with fire in em .
I have 600 lexan sheets to make samples for people lol ! we can use a few :p

You almost have it perfect on that one tone... just each flame tip to have its own random flame pattern and not to fade the true flame out toward the tips. Full flame threw out it all. I know less is sometimes more with true flame its easy to over and under do. you have the tec i see thats not a issue

ya i should have posted this earlier,not only is vintage a great painter but he's a good guy to, and will work with you "for hours" if needed so you get exactly what you want in your paint scheme...not alot of people are willing to go this far out of there way without charging you a arm and a leg for there service....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back