CRE's RANCH TRACK-Doob's account

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOOBEEWHA

HPISF languist expert
-
Hey guys...

Just thought I'd share a resent time I had out in the sun with my friend, Chuck.
This was originally a PM the my bud, Crash.. And yet, I figured y'all might want to hear about this new
location Savagecre came up with in my parts of the world... Sunny Cali, U S A

THE RANCH RUN.......

My bud,... Savagecre, has a family member that has a ranch style home sitting on a 1 3/4 acre property
out in the countryside, about 10 mins away from our location.

We had a whole 1/2 acre to ourselves with a ramp that Cre fashioned from a 4x6 piece of plywood and
some old firewood logs.

There were some old wheel barrel tires laying around and they were very useful in making a few turn
locations for the track we were planning.

And like always,...
No matter how much you prepare for an outting, there's always something you overlook.

So as hump packs were charging and pullstart cords were being rewound, we both made our progress
to getting the trucks fired up and running great.

Chuck's LOSI Aftershock truck had on the LOSI ATX 420's (not shown) on 17mm wabash rims
/w a Dynamite Platinum 28 engine.

The_truck.jpg

Cre's truck was insane with power and he new it. His truck was hauling butt all over the tracks terrain.

By the way.... the terrain is actualy a sheep grazing area durring the cooler seasons and then, the sheep
are trucked away to another grazing area so the ranch'es grass can grow back and support another
grazing.

This is done every year from what I understand.

By the time we both had our trucks running and able, it was already high noon and the weather was hot
and dry. It seemed that sheep turds had rained on the ranch, but they were all dried up and harmless to
the shoe sole.

We were lucky to have a coastal breeze, filtering through the trees where we planted our chairs.

At first... My truck was acting real tempermental and was frustrating me abit. But eventually, I over came
an over rich setting I had made, due to the air filter being cleaned and the needles being relubed.

I was running My modded Savage and these Big Ofna Pirates on deep inset 17mm rims /w a Dynamite
Mach 28 mill.

Rock_Crawler-Ofna_Pirates_011.jpg

These tires are alot of fun under the right conditions.. But, they did reduced my turnning radius quite
abit.
I started making my laps and warming up the engine. The truck was coming alive with the power I had
claimed in the dynamite thread I posted awhile back.

It was actually doing well against Cre's platinum in certain area's.

The Ofna pirates are frig'in heavy-*** tires compared to the Losi ATX 420's that Cre was running.

If I had been abit more preppared and just switched back to the standard axles and dumping the
17 mm hexes, I would have had a more competitive time with it.

These tires were ball and chains compared to Cre's tires.

I started taking the ramp and getting some good air while Chuck did the same. The ramp was a little brutal
due to the pitch that was set against the logs.

I didn't want to say anything at the time, but I thought it damn funny that out out the twenty times that
Ckuck took the ramp, a good half of those times were landed on the heat sink, or close to it.

After a little practice though, Ckuck refined his approach and was sending his truck in orbit on big air
lauches and landing them with precission. Apparently, he couldn't use the brakes on his truck for techical
reasons. This gave me a little bit of a chance as I tried to stay with the pace of it all...

Refuel & Cool down...
We elected to take a ten min lunch break for some soda's and deli-sandwiches......Ahhhhhh...

As we fired the trucks back up, the damn pull start breaks on me and caused a dang field repair.
It wouldn't have been a problem, but Chuck had to return to his family for the rest of the afternoon.

So,...That's what ended the first time out at the new bash location. Cre, Myself, and his Family Member
discussed in passing the possibillities in having an annual track setup for an RC truck club of sorts.

Our area can really use a local track and it might do really well with the support of local businesses and
membership fee's. It's all just a thought and requires alot more research in respect to leagal matters.

Wish us luck, guys...
Hopefully, I'll be able to get out there soon and do this again, and again before the season ends.

The next time I go, I'll see about getting pics to share with the forum.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah we have to do that again... Two speed Vs. Three speed that dosnt sound to fair...lol

you may have a career in journalism / writing doob. seriously

Last edited by a moderator:
Doobee .. it went over your head like allot of things... btw thanks for the 2nd vibrator =========>>>>>>>

Thats ok, SJ... Ignorance is Bliss...
Oh ya... I got ya the second vibrator cus I know ya got two places to put'um.

great writing doob and it sounds like yall had a blast. next time yall run try setting up a vid camera on tri pod or domething so we can all see. lol

Thats ok, SJ... Ignorance is Bliss...
Oh ya... I got ya the second vibrator cus I know ya got two places to put'um.

hey now .. how would you know there big guy ..

Are you a peeping tom ????:bigsmilie:

great writing doob and it sounds like yall had a blast. next time yall run try setting up a vid camera on tri pod or domething so we can all see. lol

Thankx X25... I'll see if that's possible. I've been wanting to get some vids together but Life persists with a kick in the ***.
I'll see though.
And thanks for the writing complement.

Latest posts

Members online

Back