Crawler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madgadget_1

My first passion is flying mostly copters, but I'll fly cardboard if you paint red. Anywho knowing what it's like to crash and not be able to fix your machine is unfortunately too familiar. So when a new flyer was looking for parts to fix his bird on another site I felt his pain so to speak.
Turns out I had almost a complete kit on the shelf.

This family man was what I call cash poor and rc rich. He had a competition scx10 rtr so I traded him and it was all he said and more. He even offered to ship first if I agreed to ship it back if I didn't like it. He shipped and the more I thought about it I pulled the trigger and shipped him the heli before I got the truck.

Turned out great, the truck climbed everything around my house but did not win shelf space.
It was novel and almost fun but didn't hold my attention. Here's the good part.... One of my oldest friends and co workers has always backed me up with parts and such and never asked for a dime. He jokingly mentioned I should sell it to him since I was bored with it. So yesterday I put it all back in the box, brought it to work, caught him on the parking lot and gave it to him. Truck, radio, LiPo and box. He looked at me like I was an alien shaking his head.

Came up to me this morning telling me he did not know what to say. I told him you been saying it for the last 15yrs, nothing more to say. Doc, as we call him, is as good as they come.
I'm lucky he calls me a friend.

Posts like these exemplify why this community is so great! Good story.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back