Crawler mk2: Tuber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

I've decided that the unimog has had its day and therefore its in bits ready to be transformed into another.

i've decided to go for a tube buggy sort of deal with 4ws, as i get rapidly sick of 400 point turns (that usually end up with the crawler on its roof)

I've borrowed a few images from the builds on rccrawler to give me ideas and i've decided to go for this look...

aff.sized.jpg

Its isn't the nicest looking machine in all honesty, but i want something that performs good rather than look good.

so it took me another couple of weeks to get round to it but i've finally made a start on the tuber. Now, i must admit this is the first time i've done anything with this so don't be expecting anything beutiful looking as its only half complete and needs all the joins filed down and painted but here it is as it stands...

pic014gf8.jpg

Not bad for a first try huh?

i origionally made this to by used as the bottom of the rig, but now that i see it looks better that way up, i think it'll be staying like that ;D

C+C welcome

I'll ad pics as the project progress's

ok, so its been over a month of lying in a box of pieces, so i've shipped it out to one of my relatives to get it finished for me.

I should have it back completed by this weekend ;D

My soldering was piss poor and realy weak, so hes sorting it all for me, mounting tranny and links etc.

I've just to get myself a set of 2.2 red rocks and some rims, i've rock rings on the way for it too...

I took a few pics at the weekend of it half finished, pics arn't the best quality due to **** new phone (shouldn't of changed from nokia)

img001rj8.jpg

So far the bottom links are on, the axles are sorted with a 645 front servo and a spektrum HT rear servo. I've also a set of rock rings (available in the UKRCRC Warehouse very soon) and a integy 55turn lath motor yet to still go into it, aswell as usuall stampede tranny and electronics

Kind of an old post, but you still workin on this. I would like to see a finished product as am planning sumthing similar.

Latest posts

Members online

Back