Crash's / 17 mm Hex Hub Conversion Set W/UV Joints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
review and follow up! Give that guy a gold star sticker or something. Great job~!!

You'r too kind.

If any issues arise from normal use I'll post up.

These are nice part's as alway's from HPI

Thanks

first part failure. I have been very animate about removeing
the dust boots and checking the joints and saw nothing that
looked like it was wearing. but. today the rear from transmission
to rear diff broke a drive pin.

hpi46kportpoilish.jpg

yea You seen the set of cvd's I was running ? right ?

lost the pin on 1 fixed it ... then totally ripped one to shreds ..

love the way they replaced ALL drive cups tho .. definitely more power to wheels like you stated ...

hey crash......i have the same kit.....but i bought the nubz and savage racing suspension kit also. may i will do a review on all the parts together on ecto-1

meant to ask u....r u sure u had that pin all the way in????? i've never seen it break unless it had worked it's way out

meant to ask u....r u sure u had that pin all the way in????? i've never seen it break unless it had worked it's way out

yes,

It held for many gallons before failing

I just used a hardened drill bit and cut it to fit.

Very nice job!

yes,

It held for many gallons before failing

I just used a hardened drill bit and cut it to fit.

I just took the time to read thru this thread. Very good review crash! :resp:

Can you approximate how many gallons you have put on the full set?
Many sounds very good to me but it is still a tad vague.
Thanks in advance!
~Justin~

I just took the time to read thru this thread. Very good review crash! :resp:

Can you approximate how many gallons you have put on the full set?
Many sounds very good to me but it is still a tad vague.
Thanks in advance!
~Justin~

so far I am at 6- 7 gallons of fuel through them

I'm debating on whether to get the set with the UV joints or just 17mm conversion set. Is there any benefit to the uv joints that come with the set?

they take a lot of slop out of the drivetrain, decreasing the wear on the inside parts. your diff cups will last longer, and your diffs themselves will not wear as fast.

alrighty

1 year and 6 months on these cvd joints

only one broke pin

BUY HPI

the only problem that i have had with mine was the pin i lost because i didnt put threadlock on the one set screw that holds it in. hpi kicks booty!

This is great and shows that CVDs can work in the savage. I have read many posts saying CVDs don't work well but it's good to see they can if you get the right one. I think I posted way back when you first posted this review that I have the MIP CVDs but I still haven't been able to test them :stickspank:.

no worries, they are tuff.

I am still running mine

With the amount i use my truck they will probably last forever! We are still trying to find a decent bashing spot.

Sorry to bump a very old thread, but I just killed one of these half shafts. It broke at the inboard/diff side.

Is there a single shaft replacement out there? I can't seem to find one, just the whole kit. I'd rather not have to spend that much cash.

Thanks!

where you been the past 14 months? lol

I managed to break a pin on one of them today but they have treated me well. I am going to clean them all up and rebuild them with boots this time around. Any advice on that to clean them up with?

I actually broke one pin and lost one pin. Lost the bigger one which I found but i cant seem to locate the smaller pins that get held in with the set screw.

Latest posts

Members online

Back