crap painter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Okay I am bad at this painting thing. Picked up a new body last night and wow am I bad at even shaker can jobs half of the problem is I was doing it outside in the wind in the dark and with a pearl white color you couldn't see when you were painting. Anyway I will post pics tonight just thought I would share.

I will next time I think either that or paint it in the daytime. I never had much intrest in painting anyway.

I am going to get a nice solid blue color and paint under the pearl white that has all kinds of runs and swirls in it and maybe it will have a cool look or maybe not but who cares.

You can always buy those sticker sets, paste them on the inside and then spray the empty spaces.. My buddy did it over the weekend and it came out pretty cool. Set ran for about $7 or so..

Yea painting in the dark can cause a few problems. Just take your time and plan out what you want to paint and how you want it to look. Soulja has given me a few tips in the past and my bodies keep coming out better each time. Practice makes perfect I guess.

lol.... the pearl builds up n runs fast cause the way you cant see it till it does start to run ... same with metallics ... but if you go ahead and spray another color it will look like you meant to do it ... my first lid came out insanely cool and was alll a screw up lol got so many compliments on it ...so just try it ... if not .. you can take the paint off by swirling brake fluid in the lid ..it don't harm the plastic and makes the lid new again...hope this helps or encourages you to keep trying ..once you get a few lids under your belt it gets easier and funner to try to get more extreame with them...good luck.....

my first lid..look close at all the runs / swirls in it ... started out a awesome yellow with gold flake in it .. was to see thrue so backed it with white rattle can .... the 2 paints totally didnt mix ,,,, it made it run like crazy had to swirl the lid around for like 30 mins or so ...
011009_124900.jpg

this is my latest lid ...

IMG00024-20091111-1616.jpg

lil better but still has small imperfections in it grrrrrr ....lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
uhhhhhhh ... ooooops? wheres the body mount holes? lol thats goint to be fun trying to line them up through paint ... or am i just not seeing them?lol nice lid though ... very unique coloring ..not bad at all...and hows the single shock set up in the front work out? smooth or it sag alot? i never tried that .

Last edited by a moderator:
uhhhhhhh ... ooooops? wheres the body mount holes? lol thats goint to be fun trying to line them up through paint ... or am i just not seeing them?lol nice lid though ... very unique coloring ..not bad at all...and hows the single shock set up in the front work out? smooth or it sag alot? i never tried that .

They are maked out just forgot to get a body ream. I need to put those in along with cut out the side window and part of the front window for refueling and venting. Plus I need to cut out for the motor.

The single shock up front is not good at all. I have Big Bores on the way right now for the truck. Should have them in time for the bash sunday.

you crazy pope! even if i paint a perfect lid, I TAKE IT OUT BACK AND BREAK IT!!!! lol

thers nothing wrong with the paint job, its very unique, the swirls only adds to the look ,and makes it yours, it would be really sad, if all the lids turned out the same. peace

looks great Alex !
Me being out of the picture for months got you to paint a lid ...
At least something good came out of it !!!
TTYS

I painted that long before I wanted you to paint that one for me. So are you going to paint my body now?

Latest posts

Members online

Back