Correct # of HD items and shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vettehigh

Hi guys...I have all the upgrade items (Savage XS Flux Ford Raptor) I need except for the HD items that are on back order. Do I have the correct amount of each that I will need? (x) represents the total number of each single item. Thank you
  • #106730 - HPI Racing Center Universal Drive Shaft Front/Rear (2)
  • #106709 - HPI Racing Universal Drive Shaft Savage XS Front/Rear (4)
  • #109921 - HPI Racing HD Axle 5x40mm (4)
  • #109922 - HPI Racing HD Cup Joint 5x10x19mm (1)
  • #109923 - HPI Racing HD Cup Joint 5x10x15mm (1)
  • #109925 - HPI Racing HD Gear Shaft 5x29mm (2)
  • #109926 - HPI Racing HD Diff Shaft 5x23.5mm (4)

Last edited:
I was just told that I don't need 109921 & 109925, since I have cvd drive shafts. Is that correct? Thank you

I can't edit my message for some reason

I think I have your post fixed up. You will need 4 if you are replacing all of them. 2 per diff x 2 diffs.

I was just told that I don't need 109921 & 109925, since I have cvd drive shafts. Is that correct? Thank you
If you have axle cvds you won't need the axle HD cups. If you have the driveshaft cvds you won't need the HD cups going in to the diffs, but you will need the ones that go in the center transmission.

If you have axle cvds you won't need the axle HD cups. If you have the driveshaft cvds you won't need the HD cups going in to the diffs, but you will need the ones that go in the center transmission.

Thank you for all your help
I have these in stock, so what other HD items do I need?
  • #106730 - HPI Racing Center Universal Drive Shaft Front/Rear (2 total pieces)
  • #106709 - HPI Racing Universal Drive Shaft Savage XS Front/Rear (4 total pieces)

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help
I have these in stock, so what other HD items do I need?
  • #106730 - HPI Racing Center Universal Drive Shaft Front/Rear (2 total pieces)
  • #106709 - HPI Racing Universal Drive Shaft Savage XS Front/Rear (4 total pieces)
You'll want (1) 109922, (1) 109923, and (4) 109926 for a full HD build. Stock up on slipper clutches if you can.

You'll want (1) 109922, (1) 109923, and (4) 109926 for a full HD build. Stock up on slipper clutches if you can.

Thanks again...slipper clutches are on back order too.
#109926 HD diff shafts are now in stock

Tower just shipped all my hd parts slipper clutch pushed back into December, there is also another thread on this very subject those are must have parts

Tower just shipped all my hd parts slipper clutch pushed back into December, there is also another thread on this very subject those are must have parts

Nobody has the #109922 HD Cup Joint 5 X 10 X 19mm...I ordered that from the UK yesterday and I'm in the US. I will have all upgraded parts by Friday next week

Nobody has the #109922 HD Cup Joint 5 X 10 X 19mm...I ordered that from the UK yesterday and I'm in the US. I will have all upgraded parts by Friday next week
I'm pretty sure tower has them in stock as of today I've had 6 different part #s on backorder for 2-3 months the parts shipped earlier today (finally)!

I'm pretty sure tower has them in stock as of today I've had 6 different part #s on backorder for 2-3 months the parts shipped earlier today (finally)!

Tower has #109922 order pending, they have no idea when it will arrive

Typically that means the order has been sent to hpi I'd backorder whatever isn't in stock try to find a stock part for now search specific part #s I found a few parts that way some parts are used in other trucks/cars

Selling spare slipper clutch for $600 (was $500 but exchange rate to £££ sucks, so can't be giving the damn thing away), will throw in free shipping though.

#bargainhonestguv #notopportunistatall

Found a pro RC mechanic 15 mins from me. I brought him my truck yesterday and two hours later, it's all done except for 1 HD cup that should be in any day. He wanted to charge me $20 for the install, but I'll give him $40 (well worth it to me)

#106730 - HPI Racing Center Universal Drive Shaft Front/Rear (2) installed
#106709 - HPI Racing Universal Drive Shaft Savage XS Front/Rear (4) installed
#109922 - HPI Racing HD Cup Joint 5x10x19mm (1) *back order* any day now
#109923 - HPI Racing HD Cup Joint 5x10x15mm (1) installed
#109926 - HPI Racing HD Diff Shaft 5x23.5mm (4) installed
#110650 - HPI Racing SS-40WP Servo (1) installed

That's half the fun for me, is putting it all together and beating the hell out of it until it breaks again so I can fix it there's a sense of accomplished thrown in there also . great way to practice patience .

Found a pro RC mechanic 15 mins from me. I brought him my truck yesterday and two hours later, it's all done except for 1 HD cup that should be in any day. He wanted to charge me $20 for the install, but I'll give him $40 (well worth it to me)

If you don't wrench on it, it's not really yours. ;)

That's half the fun for me, is putting it all together and beating the hell out of it until it breaks again so I can fix it there's a sense of accomplished thrown in there also . great way to practice patience .

Yeah this. vettehigh is obviously off the hook due to the wrist and also having a cute bulldog avatar. But (especially as a noob) the whole stripping, repairing, and maintaining aspect has been surprisingly enjoyable and satisfying. "Huh, I broke it".....an evening later "Woah, I actually fixed it" :cool:

I'm stripping the wee car down to the bare bones.

The following cups were worn and getting replaced with HD:

Gearbox out to REAR - 106439
Into diff FRONT / REAR - 101219

The following cups were fine after 15-20 batteries worth of abuse:

Gearbox out to FRONT - 106441
Diffs out to wheels - 101230 (all 4)

Obviously the wheel axle cups were all mashed, have just ordered a 2nd pair of CVDs.

Also one diff gear 101215 is getting worn (got a spare to fit), and I've nearly lost an 86094 screw that holds the gearbox cups in place TWICE so am hunting for spares - keep an eye on them!!

Haven't checked in the gearbox yet...

Well guys, am I finally done making this little beast bulletproof or did I miss something?

#106730 - HPI Racing Center Universal Drive Shaft Front/Rear (2)
#106709 - HPI Racing Universal Drive Shaft Savage XS Front/Rear (4)
#109922 - HPI Racing HD Cup Joint 5x10x19mm (1)
#109923 - HPI Racing HD Cup Joint 5x10x15mm (1)
#109926 - HPI Racing HD Diff Shaft 5x23.5mm (4)
#110650 - HPI Racing SS-40WP Servo (1)
#106712 - HPI Racing E-Clip Eliminator Suspension Shaft Set
Aluminum Threaded Damper Shocks (G-Maxx) Front/Rear (4)
Pro-Line Big Joe's II 2.2 (4)
T-Bone Racing Thrasher front/rear bumpers

Last edited:
5700kv motor, definitely :wacky:

Oh, and T-Bone Racing Thrasher front and rear bumpers.

vettehigh , with all of these serious upgrades, I hope you are going for a new bodyshell in bright gold, chrome, or something really ott like:

5159918_95143d8c-b8e4-422d-9042-b93950453a2e.jpg

And we'll need pictures in the sticky thread once it's all done :cool:

My shell has 2-3 layers of white Gorilla tape on the complete underside...it will never EVER crack:D

Latest posts

Members online

Back